My first run post-half was not until Saturday, almost a week! I wanted to run sooner, but wouldn’t ya know it, life happens…school concerts, projects due and all that jazz….so I didn’t get to hit the pavement until Saturday. I did a very easy 2.5 miles and it was a great early morning run!
The remainder of the weekend was filled with picnic hopping and LOTS of yardwork, but I am officially in Week One of my next training plan for an end/September half marathon! I was supposed to run last night, but I got rained out, and I had some last minute birthday preparations to do for my Gracie (Happy Birthday to my baby! Ten years old!!!!) It was ok though because truthfully, my legs were a little sore from heavy lawn work on Monday. So this morning I was up at out at 5am for another easy 2.5 miles.
The schedule had 2 miles at a 13-something pace, but that is just WAY too slow, so for the easy runs, I plan to do what feels comfortable on that day. This is a Runner’s World SmartCoach plan based on my half marathon time, but I don’t know where the 13:39 pace comes from….. My legs had more than 2 miles in them too. My average heart rate was 143, so it was truly an easy run in terms of sticking with the plan. Normally this easy run each week will be following a long run on Sunday, so it was super easy today since I obviously did not have a long run this week! 95% humidity though – YUCK. It made for a sweaty run, but it was great! Mostly it felt great to just be running again.
WEIGHT CHECK
I’m not really sure what is up with the poundage lately. I find it hard to understand how it can take me a month to lose a single pound, and then I gain 5 pounds in 3 weeks? Something is not right. I have not been to the gym or done any weights in almost a month, and I am looking at about a 50 mile month for running in May – and although I know I have taken in more calories than I needed, it’s still not enough to explain a 5 pound gain. My clothes feel fine, I’ve heard two ‘skinny’ compliments in the last week….so it’s a puzzle. I’m tracking my calories now and being very mindful to not OD on carbs, so we will see what comes up (or down I hope) over the next week or two. I want to say this is my body responding to the ‘trauma’ of the half marathon. ;-) Works for me!
WE WEAR SHORT –SHORTS
And finally, I am on a mission to find the PERFECT running shorts. Perfect shorts for every day running, and that don’t ride up! What is YOUR favorite brand that you can not live without? Give me links, give me reviews – because I own 3 pairs of running shorts and do not like ANY OF THEM. What do you LOVE to run in? (and no they don't really have to be short shorts!)
Cheers~


4 comments:
maybe you're gaining muscle with all the running, but losing making your clothes feel better. muscle weighs more than fat. happy birthday to your daughter too! :)
So exciting that you are training for another half. Can't wait to follow your progress.
Good look with the weight thing. I would like to lose between 5-10 pounds but its hard.
As for shorts. I have a pair of Nikes that I got at Marshalls but I don't know the style. Wish I did because they are my favorite. They don't ride up, have two pockets and are comfortable. I do like the Nike Tempos though. I just haven't bought them yet, only tried them on.
Cyn
I bet its ALL muscle. For sure! As for running shorts. So far i love Nike and Champion from Target. I'll email you pics if you want!
XO
I swear I hear you about the poundage.
Post a Comment