Friday, February 27, 2009

March Madness


I don't know about you all...but it sort of feels like Blogland has been hibernating these past few weeks. Quiet times around here, that's for sure.


NOT ANYMORE! Time to wake up my friends....this weekend we turn the calendar over and it is MARCH! YESSSSS! You know what that means right? More runs outside than in, not too hot, not too cold. Time to get serious about races, maybe buy some new cool 'stuff'. Blog posts will be filled with training tips, plans and exciting RACE REPORTS! Lots of cyber high fives and 'You-Can-Do-Its!'....yes, this weekend folks....it feels like Christmas Eve....


Last year at this time, the very thought of 'running' would be enough to make me laugh. *whatever* I would not even have thought about it period! The most exciting thing I got in the mail was 'Good Housekeeping'. Now I carry my Runners World around with me all month until it is basically torn to shreds. Here I am too, on the almost-eve of March, like a kid in a freaking candy store, giddy with excitement! Who knew? Yes it's miserable here in Cleveland today - but I don't care. Like I said, there will be more good days to run than bad. The calendar may not show spring until March 20th...but for runners....
....Spring has sprung!

I have 23 followers over there to the right, and I suspect a few lurkers as well! I hope to hear from each and every one of you what your big fitness/diet/ WELLNESS goals are for the coming spring. Time to RENEW, REFRESH, RE-ORGANIZE your healthy lifestyles! What do you have planned? Wake up friends ~ time to take a roll call! I want to make sure everyone is accounted for and has not fallen permanently into the 'abyss'. I will be visiting and commenting on every blog in my Google Reader this weekend...I'm looking forward to catching up!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

I have a triathlon that I am contemplating in May...training needs to start next week...if I am gonna do it!

Carly said...

great post. I am soooo ready for spring and I have been doing a little reorganizing with the workout schedule. I am waiting to hear if I got in to the Garry Bjorklund half marathon in duluth this summer. *crossing fingers*

Nicole said...

I LOVE those flowers! SOo pretty! Bring on the 1/2 mary!!! :) Happy Spring!

SuperDave said...

I haven't been around too much myself- busy @ work!
I can feel the energy in your post! I like it!
I'm so happy Spring is near. Can't wait to enjoy the sun - run, garden, walk the dog, bike, breathe, mow the yard! What mow the yard? How did that get in there? haha yes mow the yard - can't wait!!!