I just had to post again - check out my sweet run stats to the right! :-) I turned my 'easy 3' into an 'easy 5K' just for kicks. By easy, I mean my average heart rate was 143. When I clicked 'stop' on my Garmin, my heart rate was 138. No walk breaks, it was a great run. My first 5K race in October was 37:42. (blah)
And I was D.Y.I.N.G. So for an easy run today, I've shaved a minute twenty off my 5K time - this is not even RACE PACE. I'm so jazzed. I am also pleased that I ran 3 miles straight UNDER 12 minute miles! WOOT! That is a huge progress point for me personally. Yes I'm slow but I am getting faster! There is hope yet ha ha. I may not be as fast as some of you speedies out there, but considering what I could (not) run several months ago? I am encouraged!
Interesting that my 3 miles on Sunday was quite challenging, and today it was a piece of cake!
Just had to get my humble happy thoughts down.
On deck for tomorrow....2 miles and strength training at the rec! I feel like I'm getting a couple of recovery weeks in (much needed) and I feel like my body will thank me later.
5 comments:
Awesome job Cyn! That is a kick ass improvement from October to February! Cheers! Your doing so well! I dunno about how you feel with logyourrun.com but runnersworld.com has a sweet logging site! I started out at the log your run site, then switched! Whatver works for you but you'll have to check it out! Keep up the great work!!! :)
Wow, that is quite a diiference. The cool thing is that you are only going to get faster and in better shape.
I finally signed up on facebook. I got your invite and left it in my email inbox. I went today to add you and poof.. gone. Be my friend Cyndi, pleeeezzzee.
;)
man you are inspiring with the running these days!
HAPPY WEIGHT TRAINING DAY!
Yeah baby!!
Great job on the run. Doesn't it feel good when you have an awesome run like that, and when you can see your progress?
Congrats!
Post a Comment