- I am still working on finalizing my next training plan for an October 11th half. It is basically the Higdon Intermediate plan - stretched from 12 weeks to 16. Working around small races, a vacation, building in cut back weeks etc. I wanted this to be an even 16 week plan, so although I've been getting some small runs in, I'm officially on the clock next week and I hope my mind is in the right place by then!
- Running feels good when I get out, but I'm still having difficulty with the 'getting out' part. This is puzzling me still. I love running, why is it suddenly difficult to get out and go?
- This slackerness basically translates to one month *off* since the half marathon. (25 miles run in 4 weeks since the half..... *lame*)
- I did have a great 6 miler this past weekend - longest distance run since the half.
- I hope to do it again this weekend. Slowly building my base back up.
- I just joined the Half Marathon Full Challenge over at Runner's Lounge. So that helps with my motivation. Click the badge to the right for the deets!
- I have been too busy to get to the gym and this is bugging me! I feel 'flabby'. I know it's in my mind, but I definitely have lost a bit of my upper body strength.
I have learned in my little semi-hiatus from running, that running actually alleviated many of the very issues that I complained about in my PFM post last week. It has been a particularly 'bad' month all around for me, physically, mentally, emotionally.....I am very interested to see what happens when I get my miles back up to pre-race level. I'm betting I will be feeling like a million bucks!
Weight loss...still down just 3 pounds. 14 pounds to go. I'm hoping to be down 7 more for a total of 10 by August 1st. Eating has not been going perfectly, but I'm holding steady at least.
Like I mentioned, I have been trying to keep up with reading/commenting as much as possible. My next post is going to be a whole lot of shout outs, kudos and high fives...there is so much awesomeness going on around the blogs lately and I feel the need to spread some link-love!
Until then....run on! (or bike or swim or walk...just MOVE right?)


4 comments:
Getting out the door is the hardest part. I have days, like today, when i hate my life and DO NOT want to run. Then it passes. Girl, i went through serious lack in running in december. I think i ran like 14 or something miles the whole month. I got caught up in the holidays and lost track of time.
I was back in full swing in January. however, i was a bit out of shape. It takes forever to get in shape and like 2 weeks to lose it. Your groove will come back soon my ohio friend :)
Oh and i must tell you. My work is taking a bus to Cedar Point in august i believe... you should SO go on the same day so i can meet you! WHAT FUN??? :)
Hugs from MI!
XOXO
Getting out can be hard. Right now I am living by the motto, bring the body and the mind will follow.
I love the banana!!!
You go girl!
Cheers from Seabrook, TX
Looks like you just posted plenty of reasons to get back out there to run.
Do it girl.
Rozette I just love that motto '...bring the body and the mind will follow.' It is so true. Just today I too had a problem getting out. So many times I was ready to walk but I thought 'I did 5 miles on Sunday so this little 3 mile jog is a walk in the park!'
So, mind over matter.
Post a Comment