Sunday, September 21, 2008

Hey Cyn, What's with the 'tude?

My week started out great and went progressively down hill - I have been crabby the last couple of days! I had to do my Week 8 Day 2 run Friday after work since I had other commitments Thursday evening. Friday is usually a day off for me so it felt 'odd' - I almost felt resentful (?) that I had to run? I was in such a 'mood'. This week has been strange over all for me, a lot on my mind and a lot just going on in general. So I literally had to force myself to do the run - it's wierd how some days I look forward to it, and once in awhile, I don't? Maybe because running is still 'hard' - I'm not effortlessly running out the door each day for a pleasant, enjoyable run ha ha. I keep reminding myself, it's only been 2 months. Two months after a few years of relative inactivity. What exactly do I expect beyond what I've already accomplished? I have to keep myself in check here - something else I have discovered about myself lately, I set the bar way too high sometimes for myself, and I am way too hard on myself if I don't 'do it well' every time. I can make excellent progress - and I have, but then I think - it's not good enough. I think I need to be doing MORE, and my body is just not there yet and then I get impatient with myself.

Anyway, I got the run done and felt good afterwards of course - that's how it always goes! I was having stomach issues so it wasn't the most comfortable run (not 'SWEET' by any means) but I got it done. Again, this little 'tude I had about it really frustrates me after the fact. I LOVE running, I think about running all the time...so what's with the 'tude on Friday?

I have my W8D3 run today and a strength training workout to do...another area where I was big 'slacker' this week. So this week is all about regrouping and checking the attitude at the door so to speak. All of my workouts are written in my planner, including strength training and walking on my non-running days. (Another area of slackness this week *ugh*)

Since the scale is still 'stuck', my goal for this week is to go back to basics in terms of the nutrition side of things. I will be a good WW and log all my food and track my points and watch my portion sizes so that I can see where I might be slackin'. I'm fairly certain my downfall is in the portion sizes (well and, ahem, nuts....). I've made some slight changes over the last couple of weeks...like switching from 2% to skim milk for my coffee, and having fruit instead of Baked Lays at lunch - just small things like that. But, there must be somewhere else I can tweak, so I have to track in order to see where that is. Wouldn't it be great if I find I'm not eating ENOUGH? Ha - not likely but one can hope right?

Hope everyone has a great week!

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Never fear, dreadfull running days happen to me too. I think they happen to everyone, no matter how easy running comes to them. Your doing a fabulous job despite how some things go. Keep up the great work! You rock!

Anonymous said...

Cyndi: How are you doing on water intake? My scale is stalled in the same position right now, so I will be tweaking things a bit this week. I'll let you know what I find out! I'm suspecting that my water intake is part of the problem.

BeachRunner said...

I hear you. Sometimes we just have crappy days. Great job sticking with it.

RooBabs said...

Sorry about the crappy run- good for you for forcing yourself to do it. Oh, and yes, we all have those runs that aren't that great. Even though running gets easier, if you continue to challenge yourself- try to go faster or farther- it will still be hard sometimes.

But I know exactly what you mean about some days you look forward to it and other days you don't. I have been feeling the same way lately. I think a lot of it is because I'm not really progressing a whole lot, so in my head it doesn't feel as good- does that make sense?

Good luck with getting back to the basics- your substitutions should get you out of that stall in no time!