I am completely ok with this, but I never thought it would take me TWO MONTHS to lose 10 pounds. SHEESH! But I really am ok with it. Basically the whole month so far I've been hovering at 153/154.
To evaluate, I think there are two things going on here. First, I'm probably eating 'too much'. It's not so much WHAT I eat, but maybe I need to be more aware of the quantity, as well as maybe tweak some my choices? The running makes me hungry on some days, but not to the point where I feel like I've gone out of control.
The other factor is the strength training. I started using 8lb dumbells for my strength training, which I'm still only doing twice a week, but I also can literally see the muscles forming, in addition to what's developing in my legs too! So I know I'm building muscle. Now that I've started burning more calories per run, I'm hoping the scale will start to move a little bit for me.
But here is where I can measure the best progress: So far this month (2 weeks), I've lost an inch & 1/2 , the majority of which comes from my hips/thighs, so I'm quite happy with that! Overall, in just two months, I have whittle away 6.5" ! It breaks down like this:
Bust: - 1"
Waist: - 1.5"
Hips: - 2" (sweet!)
Thighs - 1"
Arms - 3/4"
Neck - 1/2"
To make it even sweeter, imagine my surprise when I happened to look back to my old tracking log back to February this year. Since then I have lost 2.5" from my bust, 3" from the waist, 2.5" from the hips, two inches from the thighs! That is a total of TEN INCHES. Ten inches, and (drum roll please) 18 pounds. That first 10 or so pounds was some start/stops with Weight Watchers, my accident aftermath etc.
So I have to stay focused on the big picture here. I am shrinking, there's no doubt about that. My body is changing, my mind is stronger....sometimes I consider ditching the scale altogether, but I'm ok with what's going on here, so there's no need to get all dramatic ha ha.
Last night? The Sweetest Run EVER...my scheduled 28 minutes turned out to be 29.5 minutes because I was jammin on the iPod and didn't want to stop until the song was over. When I pulled the towel off the treadmill console, I was SO jazzed to see that I had gone longer, and probably would have been able to do more. I burned 315 calories and 100 fat calories. This week is shaping up to be a lot better than last week!
Now if only I could go spend a week at the Biggest Loser Ranch and drop the remaining 23 pounds in ONE WEEK......but that's another post!
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Cyndi this is the BEST news ever!!! CONGRATS YOU SUPERSTAR!!!!
Those measurements are amazing, you are shrinking and growing. Shrinking in size and growing into a stronger, healthier person. I am so proud of you.
Good news on the longer run. The towel/iPod combo is really amazing at keeping you going. Keep it up!!!
Wow, The Amazing Shrinking Woman!!!
I mean The Amazing Shrinking RUNNER!!!
You are doing so great. You make me realize that one day I can be a runner too..and love it. Just keep on doing what you're doing, cause it's working.
Great job! Fantastic results. Keep up the great work.
Great Job! Ya know I should start measuring myself too. Good idea. That may help to motivate me more.
Im longing for the day I use the word SWEET in reference to a run.
REALLY.
KUDOS TO YOU.
Miz.
Post a Comment