Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Wednesday Weigh In

I'm logging a one pound loss this week, down to 154. I'm happy with that because at least it's consistent! Weight loss attempts in the past have yielded a bit of a 'quicker' rate of loss, but I'm good with this as it feels more like real and permanent loss. That is the goal after all! Maybe I would have done better minus the BEER over the weekend, but hey, I'll take whatever loss comes my way!

Could I eat less? Maybe - but I want to be able to maintain this loss without starving, so I'd rather increase the exercise (did I say that?) rather than cut out the fuel. I'm pretty good with my food choices - no sweets, minimal bread (whole wheat only!), minimal pasta (brown rice ok). I've developed a habit of eating a golden delicious apple every night for dessert. That is HUGE for me...even while on WW, I ALWAYS had a low-fat 'diet' ice cream dessert. I always saved two points for that. These days I'm perfectly happy with my crisp, ice cold, juicy, golden delicious apple! No M&M's for this girl...it's been weeks and I don't even think about it!

My goal for September (my birthday month yeah!) is to step up the strength training. I've been doing it, but I don't think I'm working it hard enough. I'm contemplating a sculpting class at the rec - found out I can 'drop in' any time as a resident and pay as I go. That would work because my schedule around evening school events for three kids can get a little crazy - I would miss a lot of classes if I had to commit to like an 8 week class package.

I did get to start Week 6 last night thank goodness. It was tough getting going, but as always, it felt good to get it done! (Run 5, Walk 3, Run 8, Walk 3, Run 5) I am getting a bit faster, my average pace for running was 4.3 - 4.7mph - a big improvement for me!

I'm off to start the day, which includes a call to the neuro because Chris is in a 'bad place' again and I think we need to do a med increase. (but another fever! what is up?)

Good day!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your new pic is GREAT!! You look so thin and most importantly HAPPY.

You're on sister, we are meeting in Detroit next October! I cannot wait. :-) You can always come up and do the 5K there, it's an option...

CONGRATS on the 1lb loss. You are working hard and your body is rewarding you. Keep it up!!

I hope that you get the stuff with Chris sorted out, I am sure that it is hard on all of you.

DETROIT 2009!!

Kristy said...

A pound is a pound - 3500 calories. Good job! I've been doing a strength-training class a few times a week and it really seems to be making a difference in both weight and inches. The changes you've made in your eating sounds like they've made a difference for you and can be maintained, which is what it's all about, right? Well, that and looking good in skinny clothes ; ) Thanks for including me in your blog list.

Bek said...

Onwards and downwards Cindi!

Another pound gone! Well done, and a bigger well done on the C25K. I love hearing about how you're going!

I hope the neurologist can sort things out for Chris.

Take Care
Bek

SuperDave said...

Who is that young, thin chic in the picture there?
Looking good..
I am always amazed how you ladies can find time with husband, kids, home, work, and working out to.
Doing great!!

Nicole said...

Awesome job! You look great! Keep up the good work. If i could stop eating chocolate i would! I've been eating alot of veggies lately. Which is a HUGE step for me. I'm the pickiest eater i know. Lately i've been trying all sorts of new foods! Maybe i'm getting new taste buds??

Have a good weekend!

Anonymous said...

IMO it's all about stepping up the weight training.

it will TOTALLY rev up your metabolism (she types cheering you onward to that goal)

Miz.

RooBabs said...

Great job on the loss- and all while "living" (losing and drinking beer- 3 cheers for you). I love golden delicious apples- they are my fave. I'm so happy that it's getting to apple season.

I think it's a great goal to step up the weight training. I've been (half-heartedly) trying to do more lately. The sculpting class sounds great.

And I hope things with Chris work out. You're in my prayers.