I am still without a computer at home – this virus really took a pretty good hold on my hard drive! My work buddy is still working on it in between obviously more important projects. However, the withdrawal is setting in around the household though, and everyone is getting CRANKY without their computer!
In the meantime, my Grace was lucky to be in the right place at the right time on Saturday and ended up getting her first cell phone…so she is quite happy with her new toy and has not really noticed that she is missing ‘Penguin Land’ or whatever that crazy site is she’s always visiting online.
I am all too aware of how reliant we’ve become on technology in general….in my home we have: 5 televisions, a PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, a Nintendo DS, a computer, a GameBoy, 4 cell phones, 1 Blackberry, a PSP, 1 iPod, 2 Sony MP3 players, 2 digital cameras, one photo printer…..this is a sad state of affairs if you ask me!
*sigh* It used to all be so simple! Now my whole life, (work and home) revolves around my computer and other gadgets, and everyone else’s gadgets…I guess being without a computer at home for a few days is a bit of a wake up call. As a kid, I literally left the house in the morning, popped home once in awhile to check in, and was off again – I had not one gadget. My BIKE was my only ‘gadget’. It served a useful purpose. Now, kids (and grown ups!) have all this STUFF. I have all this STUFF. Stuff that we rely on more than we care to admit!
TRAINING UPDATES
I had a great weekend with training. Friday evening I ran 3.5 miles outside – it wasn’t the most stellar of runs, but as always, I felt great at the finish. I was on a sort of unfamiliar sidewalk in the dark, so I couldn’t see well. I was running into the wind for more than half the run…it was just, ‘ok’. I came home a bit grumbly in a general sense that it was a crappy run, and Mike says, 'well then why didn't you just stop and come home?'. HA! THAT made me smile...because, there is NO stopping...that never ocurrs to me. The only stopping would be if I had an injury or pain. Other than that...you just do the best with what you have in you on a given day, but there is no *stopping* a run. Sure, I have cut a run short before (very rarely), but not until I am absolutely sure that I have nothing left to give for a quality run. Bumpy sidewalks and wind are not good enough reasons to *quit* which is exactly what I said to my well-meaning husband.
Saturday I headed to the gym for some cross training. I did 15 minutes of stair stepping, and 10 minutes on a bike, and then strength training. I would just like to say for the record that the BIKE kicked my BUTT. WHOA Nelly! I was thinkin’ I’d take a nice little easy spin on a bike. Ha – what do I know? So that was fun…I’m always up for a new challenge, and while I’m still trying to increase my endurance on the stepper, I think I’m going to mix it up with some bike too.
I think am ready to hook up with my trainer, Cheryl again soon. I’m ready to increase some weights and add to the routine some more. I am loving my gym and I always look forward to gym days! I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again now…cross train cross train cross train. It has made ALL the difference for me!
Sunday I did 5 miles and that was a great run. My new Brooks are the bomb - I am in love and I am very happy that I finally have found my shoes!
What I love even more is that I.... ME, Cyndi-who-never-ran-unless-I-had-to-for-gym-class...I was able to come to work and say 'I ran 8.5 miles over the weekend'. For FUN....WOW. Some day in the not too far future it will be double that number.
I can't wait!
Here is my plan for the week~
Monday: Strength and Stretch (did this on balance ball)
Tuesday: 4 mile run
Wednesday: Cross Train: cardio/strength
Thursday: Rest
Friday: 4 mile run
Saturday: Cross Train: cardio/strength
Sunday: 6 mile run
A great week to all ~


5 comments:
I hear ya on the technology thing. I hate being dependent upon so much things like the internet, computers and cell phones.
You've added the bike, now add the swim and you will be ready for a tri in your future.
Im so dependent i was LOST while i was on the cruise, but in the same sense, it was AWESOME to get away from it all and not be bothered. I lurrrvvveeed it!
You did AWESOME with all your running. I really am very proud of you and how far you've came! Give your self a pat on the back cuz you ROCKKKKK :)
I know what you mean about gadgets. I am a gadget freak myself! Isn't it funny how we used to go and go when we were younger and never had all the electronics. My kids would die!
Super-Duper weekend!!
http://reenelizabeth.blogspot.com/
that is my friend Maureen's blog i was talking about. she is my friend on facebook too. you can search my friends for her and add her! i'm sure she would love to hear from you!!
Life with no computer, rough.
You know you are addicted to technology when you can't wait for the end of a TV show, so you go online and google to see if anyone already knows how the show ends.
Post a Comment