I've become good friends with my Balance Ball lately. It's always a good workout when the ball is involved. In fact, my hubby - who was quick to tease and jest when I first bought that ball - is now using it himself for some of his 'ab work'. He refuses to say 'core', so we'll just let him say 'abs' - as long as he's doing it I don't really care what he calls it ha ha. But I digress.....
Then there are stories like this where we see students in a classroom sitting on the balance ball! I remember when Chris was very young - probably at about 2-3 years old, so let's say 15 years ago...his physical therapy consisted of a LOT of work on a balance ball. Back then, this was something you only saw in a medical setting. Recently, I have caught Chris sitting on it while watching tv....he is drawn to it for some reason...if memory serves me correctly, it's something related to 'proprioceptive input'. (sensory input that relates to feeling where your body 'is' in space). It makes him 'feel' grounded and balanced.
Then I came across THIS:

Imagine having THAT as a desk chair? (I seem to remember a certain blogger who experimented with this concept). I need this! I really think I could pull this off in my office too...hmmmm...
Having a chair like that would be the ultimate in 'multi-tasking', as would having THESE:
These are called FitFlops.
Product Features
FitFlop midsoles incorporate patent-pending micro-wobbleboard technology, to give you a workout while you walk.
FitFlops work your bum muscles more.
FitFlops have been shown to have a significant effect on the toning muscles of your thighs.
FitFlops make it easier to stay in shape.
Every step you take in your FitFlops helps tone and trim your legs.
I would luv me some FitFlops in my Easter basket! Again, more multi-tasking fitness, reminiscent of Dr. Sholls sandles.
Remember these things? (again, here I am giving away my age) You know something is wrong when people think basically walking on WOOD will give you toned and firm legs. Right. FitFlops will be way more comfortable!And my final show and tell....this is something I am researching to see if it's worth it. You all know my ongoing frustration with my Garmin 50, and apparently I am not alone in this based on reviews I've seen online and from other bloggers. My foot pod keeps going in and out on me. I am now researching BIM ACTIVE. This program can be downloaded to a cell phone and tracks distance, pace etc. and then uploads for sharing and logging. I never carry my cell while running and I should (I haven't gone very far yet ha ha), and this way I could listen to my OWN music, obsess over my data and have my phone for emergencies! The downside is that the service is $5.99 a month or $72 bucks a year. So I'd have to weigh that against just getting an upgraded Garmin...*sigh* like I said before, I really will need a part time job for all these 'investments'.
In running news....I had a slow not-so-great 3 mile run last night. Had to cut it 1/2 mile short. I've had some sort of stomach 'thing' going on since the weekend and I feel ok, but my stomach seems to still revolt after I eat anything. It was one of 'those' runs that I just got through, logged it and moved on!
I have new shoes coming in the mail! Brooks Glycerin 7's. I can't wait~ This is a neutral cushioned shoe rather than the stability Asics. Hopefully my next post will be a love-fest over my new kicks! (I feel like the Bachelor....first I loved my Asics but then changed my mind and decided to profess my love for Brooks....)
Ba-da-DUM!
Cheers!


4 comments:
:)
it was the dr scholls (remember when they made a brief comeback a few years ago?? I have some in my closet. camo. ones. so fun)which made me wanna try the MBTS too!
I use BimActive and love it. I used it for running and bike rides, haven't tried it while swimming yet.
Convenient, easy to use, pretty damn accurate and you have the safety of carrying a phone with you.
I like it best when I am trail running with absolutely no mile markers.
If you don't like it, remove from your phone and you are done paying. Let me know if you have questions.
Funny about the ball, if I had a ball to sit on I would. Very intriguing.. don't know why, but they are.
I slow on reading posts as usual. I just now read your Sat post.
Very good 5 miler! It's amazing on the 5 minute difference. As our bodies get in shape, ever new run becomes exciting. Time and HR - big change. Wow on the 5 lbs!
No - You Are the Rockstar!!!!
That is one jazzy ball. I use a ball for my desk every day. I will never go back to a chair. I love it.
Post a Comment