Please hit me up with some links to any great products you've used or know of that would be good to have! Thanks!
"If I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have it at the beginning." -- Mahatma Gandhi
7 comments:
this is the one i use and i looove it :) http://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs/products/RRU1003/
I haven't had much luck with hydration packs. I have the fuel belt that rides up on me. I have the camelpac....too heavy. I have the water bottle fanny pack type thing and it sloshes. I usually end up carrying water or planning a route around a gas station.
good luck, maybe there is a product that I have not tried yet.
I love my Amphipod "Full-Tilt Velocity" pack. I also have 2 added smaller bottles. The one on the back holds 20oz, the front ones are each 10.5oz. Perfect when I am out on BFE and want both sport drink and water. The pouch on the back can hold my cell phone, inhaler, keys, and 2 gels:
http://www.amphipod.com/320/320.html
You name it we've tried it. If you want to try one let me know.
We have FuelBelts that hold 2 or 4 small bottles, her favorite.
We have Nathans that hold the large water bottle, my favorite.
I also have some CamelBacks from my mountain biking days you can try, but I don't recommend those.
As always, head up to Second Sole to see what they have. I think they have the Amphib up there.
Get some ideas and let me know. Should be able to get you something by next weekend to try.
I <3 the SPI belt i was talking about on my blog... its not a hydration pack or anything but it is pretty cool :) just thought id share
I use the amphipod on short runs – if I put the bottles sideways they don’t seem to make as much noise.
http://www.amphipod.com/8400/8400.html
Longer runs I use the Nathan pack – made especially for women – the chest strap goes below ‘the girls’ and stays in place nicely. Another trick with the camel backs is to fill it up, tighten the round lid, hold it upside down with the tube up and suck all of the air out, when you turn it back over to put in your pack it won’t make the sloshing sound.
http://www.nathansports.com/our_products/hydration_nutrition/intensity.html
Early last year I had the same problem – I did not pack any water and I knew there was a water fountain coming up, I was practically panting when I got to it, and it was shut off! I faithfully carry water with me – even during sponsored events, sometimes their water doesn’t taste right – with my own I don’t have to worry.
Keep up the great work – you are doing awesome!
(got no tips :) but curious what others recommend. thanks for asking the question)
Post a Comment