Just a couple of little updates....things have been hectic this week so I'm a little behind on the important things like keeping up my running log and blogging etc. (By the way, I am 'trying' Twitter to be cool like everyone else, and it's not working out very well - I'm not sure I quite get it's purpose yet and may just stick to FaceBook!)
I had a great 5 mile run Tuesday evening down in the Metroparks. I just did an out and back 2.5 mile stretch of the trail. Got caught in a little bit of rain, which only made me run faster ....otherwise it was a pretty uneventful run, a little hard, but the effort felt good. I had '60 minutes' on the plan, and as it turns out, I can now run 5 miles in 60 minutes, average pace an even 12 minute mile!
I took a Gu before I left, but it's still hard to say if it's working for me. I had a popcorn snack at my desk around 3pm that day, and THAT was not agreeing with my run at all. Lesson learned there.
I am experimenting with new lace tying because of my left big toe issue - I always feel like the top of my foot is too tight in the shoe as my runs progress and my feet swell. The shoe is the appropriate size, and this model definitely has a wider toe box, so that's all good. Just a slight tweak with the laces has been in order I think.....So here is how I tied them for Tuesday's run:

This worked out great - I felt more stability in my ankle and my toe box was less constricted. This was a successful experiment!
And of course, a run down in the Valley would not be complete without encountering a little critter.
I find it cool that he ran to a place where he blended in with his surroundings. I was pretty close to him, but you can't really tell on my cell phone.
I did not cross train yesterday - it was to be a gym day. I had a little 'Gracie crisis' to deal with yesterday (long story but all is well) and we were both quite tired by the end of the day. I did do lots of walking though, but I'm a little bummed that I missed my strength training and hope to head up to the gym tonight.
In other news - I just wanted to say a little about my Chris. I am beaming ear to ear because he is about two months seizure free now, and because his brain has been so 'quiet' for him, he is like a new kid! His special ed teacher at school emailed me with a great report on how amazing Chris has been lately....focused, and sharp and driven - funny and talkative. We are seeing this at home too, and I know it's because he has not had major electrical 'storms' going off in his brain constantly- storms that normally put him out of commission for 2-3 days at a time. He is ON his game and I pray like anything that this honeymoon lasts a LONG LONG time for him and this drug keeps working! I am truly thankful to a higher power for giving Chris this time of peace.
Run on~
4 comments:
Nice job on the run! Congrats to Chris for his "quiet" time, I send positive vibes that all stays quiet for him and you!
twitter really dosen't have a purpose... its quite stupid if you think about it-- but i'm obsessed with it as much as blogging and facebook. who knew?! if i could get a blogging app for my phone, id be SET!!!
Great job wit hte running and i'm glad Chris is doing well!
Enjoy the warm weather this weekend... i cant wait!!!
Sending <3 from MI!! :)
Thanks for commenting on our blog!! I will definitely be back to check on you and your training!
Have a good weekend and I hope your friends who are running the CMM this weekend do well and enjoy the race, it's a fun one, but unfortunately it's supposed to be really hot tomorrow :(
two months seizure free is amazing.
such great news for you and for Chris.
Post a Comment