All of these people, fellow runners, started encouraging me to keep going, giving me tips and high fives when needed. People started telling ME that I was inspiring THEM. I found this amazing - I am just a 40 something mom of 3 who works full time and lives in the suburbs and lives a fairly ordinary existence.
Now I have a special blog friend coming to Cleveland all the way from NYC, JUST to cross my first half marathon finish line with me! I get so much knowledge and inspiration and camraderie from blogging. If someone goes MIA for a longer period than would be accepted, we feel the need to go hunt them down to make sure everything is ok. It's also great to know that there is pretty much a running friend in every city with a great race, where we could throw a pillow on the floor and crash for a night if needed. (Is that a social faux pas? I just invited myself to everyone's home ha ha....)
I don't know if I would still be running if not for reading blogs and posting my own thoughts, rants and bragging rights a few times a week!
I don't want to find out though!
Running Rocks ~


7 comments:
It's amazing what we find in some of the most odd places. Friends, even if virtual, are still friends. :)
Nice write,
E
Well said.
and i TOTALLY agree! You are AWESOME Cyn!!!
XO
completely agree! knowledge, inspiration, camraderie, blogging has it all!
Ahhh yes that is what blogging is about ;D Great post!
OMG, I got goosebumps when I read about your friend flying to run the 1/2 marathon with you!
I agree, I am pretty amazed at the level of support and the deep relationships we seem to have found via these blogs. It seems almost silly that we have connected with so many people yet amazes me that I could have of this!
Thanks for sharing your journey with us!
At least there's one benefit of the internet and blogging. I agree that I have found and met a lot of people through blogging. Giving and receiving inspiration, advice and encouragement is a major plus to why I am still blogging.
It's also good to have found an old friend....I mean old like I've known you for a long time....old....like....that.....I better stop while I'm ahead. ; )
27 years?
Cyndi,
I am much with you on our journey. If it wasn't for the blogging I may have just given up on the whole running thing.
Bring the whole family - I get lots of house space! Even your 3 kids!
Post a Comment