Tuesday, April 14, 2009

*YAWN*


Boy am I TIRED. Fatigued is a better word. I’m not sure what is up, but I am draggin’ my wagon lately! It could be a combination of factors….I hesitate to say I have been ‘over training’ because, well, since I hurt my foot last week, I have only run twice. But I did have that kick butt training session last Thursday with my trainer, and a 40 minute track workout Saturday with another hour of strength training as well. But that was AFTER 11 hours of sleep Friday night. Yes, I slept until 9:00 Saturday morning! That is WAY late for me. I just could not wake up! I am in bed falling asleep by 9pm, and still having trouble waking in the morning, today included. This has been going on for about the last week I’d say.

I had no long run this past weekend which is just as well because I don’t think I could have done it. Monday is usually a rest day for me, following a long run, but I thought about heading to the gym for some cardio last night – but, I was too tired again. I was yawning like crazy from about 4pm on yesterday. I am not sure what is going on, but I’m not feeling my usual energy and it’s making me a little crazy! I admit my nutrition has not been the greatest, the past couple of days my stomach has been *blah*. I could have a little viral thing goin’ on. Something seems to be going around the office – stomach, dizzy, blah thing, so maybe I’m just functioning through it when I should have taken a sick day like everyone else did! I just heard people over the cube walls talking about this ‘thing’ they had over the weekend ha ha.

So that’s it for me friends – I wish I had some Woot Woot! to share, but I don’t! I hope like anything to be back here later in the week with my usual energy and the pep back in my step! I have a one hour run scheduled for this evening, so I’m keeping my fingers crossed that it will be nice and easy and the foot holds up for me! My foot seems to be fine – no issues after 40 minutes on the treadmill Saturday, so all is well with that, thank goodness. Now if I can get through this little slump or whatever it is…I will be a very happy runnergirl!
Cheers~

5 comments:

Nicole said...

*Yawn* for me too. I'm exhausted. However, i'm exhusted from all the running. I'm even to tired to eat. Boo.

I hope your foot starts feeling better. Good luck with the run tonight. I hope you dont fall alseep while trucking along! :) :) hehe

Marcy said...

Is it almost that TOM? I always get like that before the "beast" comes LOL

mak'n Changes said...

Be encouraged, your body is probably taking full advantage of this down time. Its ok to get rest and allow your body to heal.
Cindie

Diana said...

Possible that Aunt "Flo" is on her bitch way in to town???? That always gets the body draggin'!

sian aka gogo girl said...

I felt like that picture on monday -OK now though...love your blog - found you on blogher