Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Shhhh....I shouldn't say it out loud but...

....I think I'm getting faster???

I feel like I may have reached a turning point in my training, after feeling like I was sort of at a stand still throughout much of November and December. Last night I did my scheduled two easy miles at 12:54. Considering the scheduled pace for this little run was 14:29 and 12:54 felt somewhat 'easy' for me, I think I'm getting fitter! My average heart rate was 146, so a little higher than my 140 benchmark for 'easy' running, but I felt comfortable and sustained the two miles with no walk breaks - I definitely was not pushing myself through anything, that's for sure.

So I am feeling good!

Yesterday was a great day for our country, regardless of political pursuasion. I watched the President's Innaugural Address in a conference room with about 30 other co-workers. In the back of the room I stood, scanning the mix of people in the room...black, white, secretary, attorney, copy room worker....every single person was riveted to the tv, listening intently to Obama's call to Americans to rise up to meet the challenges we face today. I even saw some tears from a few. It was a truly hopeful and celebratory day.

Cheers!

5 comments:

Mom of Two Boys said...

Wow, congrats on getting faster!!! You are doing amazing :)

I'm really glad that American voters decided on Barack Obama. I loved his speech and how he expressed that EVERY country is a friend to the USA. What a difference from the previous 8 years! I'm really happy about this new beginning for United States :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome that you are getting faster. I agree, yesterday was a very moving day.

Nicole said...

CONGRATS! I knew you could do it! Way to kick @$$ cyn! :) You rock!

Anonymous said...

You ARE getting fitter AND FASTER!! That is fantastic and you should be feeling pretty good about it.

We have a 5 miler today. I am leaving here to do mine shortly...then off to leader training. I will have my cell and Blackberry. Let me know how your run goes.

RooBabs said...

Hooray for getting faster (and fitter)! You go girl!!

And yes, what a historic day. = )