Sunday, January 4, 2009

Sweet Sunday Run

I got to run outside today again which is great! Today's 'long' run was 3 miles, supposedly at a 14:38 pace. I didn't do too bad, here are the stats (with one, 1 minute walk break at a mile and 1/2)

Average pace: 14:00
Avg Heart Rate: 136 (sweet!)
Max Heart Rate: 151

I spent 32 minutes in Zone 2, which is perfect. My knees were starting to feel a little 'tired' at the end, but I think that is my shoes. I need to get new shoes soon! Saving my pennies ha ha....

It was an awesome run, hard to run slow, but towards the end of the 3 miles, I was glad to be running slow!

I was thinking while running that starting next weekend, my long runs each week will be new mini-milestones for me....I've never run 4 miles, and onward from there. All this time I've been increasing in terms of 'time' on my feet (not necessarily farther though as my pace is slower), now I'm increasing distance. It's exciting!

I was a bit under the weather yesterday - an allergy attack of sorts, sneezy and tired all day. After my Jillian workout (feelin' THAT today ha ha) I hit the couch for most of the day! Fell asleep at 7:30 on the couch last night....all the holiday madness is catching up with me. I feel better today but have a lot to do since I did nothing yesterday.

On my to-do list today *hopefully* is to catch up on all your updates...it's great to see everyone back in action!

Cheers~

5 comments:

Nicole said...

Thats an awesome heart rate! Way to rock it! :)

BeachRunner said...

AWESOME!! You are really doing great and smart too. You are a runner. You will be very successful too. Just remember to keep the pace the same (nice and slow) as you add distance.

Anonymous said...

Way to go! It has been a while since I checked in with you :0) I'm so glad to see you are enjoying the running and taking it easy. Increase slowly and you should be fine. Are you doing a 5K? I'll have to read through the blog to find out :0) Good to 'see' you again!

Anonymous said...

feeling better at all? my allergies are kicking my a** right about now as well.

Every Gym's Nightmare said...

great job with the run! sorry you arent feeling so hot :(

Kelly Turner
www.everygymsnightmare.com