Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Weigh In Wednesday (*yawn*)

I have absolutely nothing to report for my weigh in today, lol. It just doesn't get any more exciting than to say ' no change'. I'm hangin in at 146, with my 1 lb holiday gain that is really neither here nor there. No fabulous measurements to report or anything else of the sort. I am HAPPY that I did not go too crazy and have to come here today and whine about a much larger gain and/or loss of fitness! That is an achievement in itself!

This morning I dragged my butt out of bed for a 30 minute run on the treadmill. It was supposed to be a two mile effort at my assigned snail's pace, but for whatever reason, I had a tough time gettin' going - and needed some walk breaks. ???? Just one of those days I guess....I woke up with some wheeziness and have some residual allergy type stuff going on. As usual though, I felt good when I finished, and love the little energy boost a morning run gives! In honor of BeachRunner, I have to say that I was Passably Able to get this run done!!!! ;-)

(Hey BR, I TOTALLY got what you've been sayin for the last three days....)

I've been pouring over this month's Runners World. Great issue as always....I was particularly fascinated by the story of the girl who got some homeless guys off their butts and running to participate in the Philly Half Marathon. I was more than fascinated - actually I think this has to be one of the best stories I have ever read. I don't want to give too much away in case you haven't read it yet. But I do want to say - I walk by homeless people all the time in downtown Cleveland, they all have their regular 'spots', and if someone is not in their regular 'spot' on a given day, I often wonder where they might be. I think of them, I feel bad for them - but mostly I just 'ignore' them. I can not even imagine running by them and saying, 'hey guys, won't ya come along for a run with me?' So I find this story particularly thought-provoking. It was so good, I think it is a good basis for a book!

It is more evidence of how running is truly a special and affecting activity.

IN other news, the husband has officially embarked on the get 'well' journey....with 40 pounds to lose and some fitness to gain back. I am helping him with the eating thing, which he keeps referring to as 'this diet' (to which I respond IT'S NOT A DIET *SMACK*)

I dont' really smack but you get the idea....anyway, he sends me texts all day 'I'm soo FULL' or 'GREAT LUNCH' and 'LOVE the peppers and hummus'. It's too funny.

Since I had such an easy run this morning, I plan to do my Fitness Total Body workout tonight. Mainly because in this month's RunnersWorld, the demonstrated core workouts are basically exactly the same as the workouts on the Fitness DVD.

Also great in RW, the foods that every runner should eat? Let me be a Brown Noser and say, I eat every single one of those foods on a regular basis! (cyndi pats self on back)

Cheers!



3 comments:

Nicole said...

I have yet to get this months runners world... i wonder why? HMM! That article sounds awesome... i can't wait to read it!

Great job with all the running. I was talking to my mom about you and shosh and how you ladies are my inspiration. She seemed really moved by your story and wanted to consider doing the C25K. If you could send me the link that would be great! She would need a while obivously before she could run but you gotta start somewhere right?

Have a good week!

BeachRunner said...

Thanks. Glad I could help. Good luck to hubs with his goals. You should be a great inspiration to him. Keep up your great work.

SuperDave said...

Beachy had a good article.
That gal in the RW mag had big Kahuna's for running throught that part of town and talking to anyone!
Dieting is good together w/ spouses. It makes shopping so much easier..