NOT....I woke up at 5:15 this morning, so by the time I got on the treadmill, I only had about 1/2 hour to workout, so instead of the tempo run, I did some intervals. Tried to get the most out of a short time, which I did and I'm glad I at least did something instead of skipping it altogether. I will try to do a couple easy miles tomorrow to make up for it, and then a long run (6) on Sunday.
It's probably just as well, because I had some breathing issues today, so not sure if it was because I felt 'rushed' or not warmed up enough or what. It's interesting how some days I 'feel' the runs above the waist (breathing, tension), and other days it's the lower body draggin'.
I'm looking forward to tonight because I have a little happy hour gathering after work with a bunch of people from work. Then Mike is meeting me downtown to go to another bar for a friend's birthday party. It's been awhile since we've gone out like this so I'm looking forward to a fun night! I just have to keep it in 'check' if I want to do any make up miles tomorrow, lol.
That prompts a question for all of you.....do you find yourself revolving basically everything you do around your running plans? Do you curtail your, uhm.....'social behavior' because of a planned workout the next day? Do you make plans around scheduled runs - especially if you are training specifically for something?
Someone close to me recently said I am 'obsessed' with running/working out - as if I was someone to suddenly be concerned about. I took great offense to this comment! I indignantly replied that this is something important to me and I have built it in to my life permanently - so obsessed is not the word. Passionate is more like it. It is my hobby, my relaxation, my mental health fix....it is 3 times a week -a what is obsessive about that? A couple of 20 minute strength workouts in between....how is that 'obsessive'? I'm still not quite sure how to process this comment, but I am not about to change anything that I am doing, THAT is for sure. If nothing else, I will simply RUN MORE. ha ha....obsess on THAT, dear someone-close-to-me-which-is-the-only-reason-I-will-forgive-and-forget-your-momentary-loss-of-reason.
This article about running addiction made me feel a little better.
But then I found this book, which I have just ordered, along with this one to add to my growing library of running books.
Alright, and ONE MORE - I couldn't resist.
But I'm NOT obsessed....
Happy Friday all!


8 comments:
Ha ha, I love this post! You are not obsessed. Passionate is a good word- I was thinking committed and dedicated. Now how can that be a bad thing? Maybe if you had to run every day, and if you were running long distances all the time, you might be obsessed. But you're definitely not.
Non-runners just don't understand what it's like to run. And I know because it hasn't been that long since I was a non-runner, LOL. If they could only experience that runner's high, they wouldn't dare call us obsessed. Addicted, maybe, but not obsessed. Luckily you're forgiving. = )
Rock on! Heck yeah I schedule things around running all the time. That is called dedication, commitment and passion. Keep up that fantastic "obsession" as you shop for smaller and smaller sizes, look great and feel great too.
Beachy said it! I am completely obsessed with running. It's made this week particularly painful for all who know me :-)
I completely schedule things around my running! If I have a long run on a sunday,I'll be a loser and do nothing on saturday night. Only my running friends completely understand!! Some of my friends want to come to my races and party the night before the race with me-yeah um NO....they just don't get it. of course they don't get that I run either!!!
I feel better that I'm not the only freak that schedules her life around her running!!
I always talk about my schedule and if i'll have enough time to do other things becuase i have to get my run in. My brother makes fun of me becuase during the week all i do is, work, school, sleep & run. Hes like seriously Nicole get a life! BUT i dont have time lol. :)
Cyndi, if "obsession" is what it takes for the 10s/12s to not fit anymore, oh well! Seriously, I would call it "passion" before anything else. You should be VERY proud!
I love the addicted runner article- sounds like me!
I am passionate too!
What a great obsession you have lol! It's one of the best. I do obsess. I go to bed early on Friday nights no matter how badly hubby wants me to stay up and drink wine because Saturday is my long run day (and, as I tell him, we can then consume the vino Saturday night!) I schedule entire days around my running schedule because if I don't get it in I feel horrible. Great work! I'm so proud of how far you have come, and to buy new clothes, woo hoo!
Post a Comment