Tuesday, January 27, 2009

This and that, Ho Hum

Looks like we are bracing for more snow...something like 8-11 inches by tomorrow afternoon? *sigh* Enough already! I am SO over this winter!

Everyone I know is sick. Sniffling, sneezing, coughing, vomiting....UGH. Stay.away.from.me. My boss is sick, Chris is sick, everyone on my floor at work is sick. How long can I dodge the bullet?

I haven't written much lately on the homefront, so I thought I'd do a little 'off topic' update.

My Alison has experienced her first major life disappointment by learning she will NOT be able to go to St. Joes for high school. She received a very minimal amount of financial aid, which left my hubby and I with basically another house payment, lol. In this economy, it is too risky for us to take on that financial burden. If he were to get laid off, we would have to pull her out of school. She was SO upset - thinking she didn't work hard enough or somehow this is her fault - which as a parent, you know, it just breaks your heart. So it's our turn now to feel bad and wish like anything we were able to do this for her....but time heals, and she'll be fine. Things happen for a reason, and we have no doubts about Alison's future and the great things we know are coming for her. No matter what school she attends....

Chris has is occasional 'bad day' but definitely fewer and further between as we slowly increase his third and 'new' drug 'Lamictal'. It will be the end of February before we get him up to the right level of this drug. So far the side effects are minimal, and I'm looking forward to *hopefully* being able to take away one of the other drugs this spring.

Between science fair projects, other school projects, kid's activities, house projects, crazy work *things* and other life 'stuff' going on....I am thankful to have running to keep me focused and driven. My eating has not been so great for about the last week, not sure why or what that's all about and I haven't had time to really sit quietly and reflect on it. I'm just 'aware' of it. Actually now that I say that, I'm pretty sure I know what's at the root of it. I can't write about it right now, but let's just say a pretty important area of my life is a little messed up right now. I guess time will tell where this all is going, but I need to find a way to deal with it besides food!

This all comes across very Debby Downer now that I read it...my runners high from my 6 miler Sunday has left the building ha ha. Looking forward to a nice easy 2 miles early tomorrow morning. I am trying to do my Tues/Thurs runs in the early mornings now. I need that time to be completely mine, with no one else around to distract me. I overslept today, so this week I will do Wed/Friday/Sunday runs.

Cheers! Stay warm, stay safe...



6 comments:

Nicole said...

Hey woman!

I dont think it sounds like debbie downer at all! Your blog is for your writing. If you have a bad day, you would share it. And for the record, somedays my nickname is negative nikki! HAHA

So sorry to hear about Alison's school. I dont think i would feel comfortable taking on such a bill either. She will understand someday.

Way to keep a positive attitude through and through Cyndi. I'm happy to have met you in blogger land and hopefully we can meet up sometime soon!
:)

Carly said...

You are not a Debbie Downer at all. Bummer about the school. I know how you feel about big tuition in a slow economy.....we had to pay for kindergarten this year and it was more than my first year of college.

You have a great attitude and I am glad you are keeping up with running to keep your sanity.

RooBabs said...

Awww, that's rough about Alison's school. But as much as you want to, it's definitely not a good idea to take on such a financial burden. And she's such a bright girl with a good head on her shoulders, so she'll realize that your decision is for the best. And like you say, things happen for a reason (I'm a firm believer in that). And she'll still have opportunities in public school, she may just have to search them out, or be a little more assertive (or create her own?).

I'm sorry about your stress and eating, but luckily you have running. I hope things get better for you soon. Maybe with all that snow, you'll have some good family time together. Think "healthy" thoughts, and try not to stress too much so you don't get sick, too. = )

Anonymous said...

Hope things start getting better soon. Hang in there.

SuperDave said...

I'm sorry For you guys for not being able to put Alsion in private school. You guys are so supportive-she'll forget about soon enough.
You are a strong woman and with the "load" that you carry it's okay to have a weak moment in eating and not exercising and any time for your sake. You are like the little engine that could. ;)
You aren't getting sick beacuse you are liviing healthier. oops I hope I didn't jinx you.

BeachRunner said...

Stay positive. Hope the snow hasn't been too bad for you.