To recognize the spirit of this historic day, I encourage all of you, my 'BP running-mates' (BP = Bloggy Peeps) to take The President's Challenge. How will you rate? I suspect we all might do pretty well - and least, we are on the right path! A path to CHANGE and taking ourselves in a new direction, to make our lives better, healthier, longer..... Check out here for the actual Challenge....get your families involved! What kid wouldn't want to be to be sportin' one these medals? In fact, I want want for myself!Also, yesterday I came across another great running site. Of particular interest to me was this article about running and weight loss. I highly reccommend browsing through this site - there is a lot of great information, and also some good reporting on the NYC Marathon.
I am actually pretty stoked for this evening's workout! I have an easy 30 min run, and then some long overdue strength training. The weather is beautiful here today, so I'm hoping to go out for the run, and then catch election returns while doing my strength training. I never thought in a million years I would be 'excited' about exercise!
I'm a little, er... curious about my weigh in tomorrow...somehow I feel like I did 'nothing' this past week. I feel like I took a week off - which, with only two runs last week, no strength training, a little bit of Halloween candy, a few Bud Lights on Halloween...it's no wonder! Granted, it was 'post-race' week, but still....I feel like I've been completely off the wagon. That must be why I'm looking forward to today's workout - I feel like I'm 'back' to business! I do much better having the planned workouts, everything structured for me, and I just do it and check it off...I promise not to over-react to whatever result I see tomorrow. Unless of course by some miracle, I have a 'Biggest Loser' moment ha ha...in which case I WILL be doing a giddy happy dance.
I trust everyone will get out and vote today!
My Thankful Thought for today is just that...I am thankful to live in a country where I have the right to vote. I am thankful for the men and women who make huge sacrifices in their lives in order to preserve our democracy. If not for them, or those before them....who knows what a day like today would bring? Something to think about, that's for sure!


7 comments:
Your enthusiasm for running and stregth training is awesome. Keep up the great work. And dont sweat the scale numbers too much. The weight loss, strength gains and other results will follow.
Good luck with weigh in tomorrow!
I just discovered I think that we are about the same size/weight and I am having a HECKUVA time getting the final pounds off!!! You are doing AWESOME!!!! :) Keep it up!!
Stoked for working out! You are in the zone..
Have fun on your workout. If you really want to you can have my workout for tomorrow too. It's yours. I wish I had your enthusiasm. :)
Good luck with the weigh in. . i love your positive attitude. Go Cyndi!
Running and exercise is really cool ways to keep self fit. weight training programs also makes us lose a lot of unwanted weight and to achieve a great personality.
Great article, and a great site, too. Thanks for the heads up.
I would love to try the presidential fitness challenge, but if I have to do the flexed arm hang thing, I'm sunk. My upper body is just not strong enough to hold the bulk that is my lower body. Even as a scrawny kid I always sucked on that one.
I did early voting 2 weeks ago- glad I got it over with. But I love your thankful thought. I think too often I take those things for granted- thanks for the reminder!
Oh honey, you are always so uplifting. Thank you for that. Haven't gotten to the links to the presidential challenge, but will. I know just what you mean about being away from your workouts and then looking forward to them. I am there!
Post a Comment