Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Grin and Bear It: Weigh In Wednesday

First - Everyone please stop by and visit Shosh today, it will be well worth your time! In fact, go there FIRST....my rambles today can wait!

Weigh-In day....I've shared all about the plateau that I've been on, pretty much for the last month. I've been swingin' daily between 147 - 148 pounds. On some days I even see 149, like today for example. (grrr.....) As usual, the daily fluctuations make me a little crazy, hence my recent decision to stay off the scale daily.

However, I'm not so sure that plan is even a good idea anymore, because if I were only weighing once a week, I would not have seen yesterday's weight of 147, which is the only thing keeping my perspective today with the 149 this morning! Because in the 'record book' officially, I've had a gain two weeks in a row. YIKES! I've spent most of my day so far giving myself a dose of 'Suck-It-Up-Sally', lol. It's all good...but I don't know how long I can play the 'I-certainly-am-not-truly-gaining-weight-here' card, before I start to sound like a woman in denial.

So I have to re-think my plan to put the scale away. I learned this morning that those daily fluctuations are actually helping me stay calm about the lack lack of progress on said scale.

I really have no idea what is going on other than the 'usual suspects', (the list of 'exceptions' we are all too familiar with that I'm not even going to list again....) I. just. don't..know.

But there is a lot I DO know......

I don't eat M&M's, ice cream, chips, mindless snacks.
I eat red meat once a week, if that.
I don't eat cookies, pie or other desserts.
I've had two small pieces of cake in the last 120 days.
And, I don't feel deprived or miss or crave any of these foods.
I run 30+ minutes, 3 times a week and do extra walking, and the strength training is on the up swing.
I usually drink 8 - 10 cups of water a day, in addition to coffee, and sometimes a glass of G2.
Otherwise, no pop, no juice.
I have a vege and/or a fruit with every meal.

I DO know that this morning I put on a pair of Size 8 Petite dress pants for work, that I have not worn in 3 years.

These pants did not fit comfortably 2 weeks ago, but they are comfortable now.

I DO know that just 2 or 3 weeks ago, running longer than 30 minutes was quite challenging, and now I am getting psyched for a 44 minute run this weekend. Slow yes, but I can endure!

And I DO know that I just have to keep doing what I'm doing and know that eventually, the numbers will start to move in my favor again!

Cheers!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK did you say that your size 8 PETITE pants were fitting you this morning whereas they were not 2 weeks ago???? HELLO....that's something to celebrate sister. It's a non-scale victory and for that we should don the party hats.

I do know how frustrating the number on the scale can be, especially on your recorded Weigh In day but you really have come so far. You're truly mastering a healthy lifestyle and in time your size 8 petite body is going to give up those 2 pounds.

Change it up a bit, shock your system and it will benefit you...I promise.

((((CYN))))

BeachRunner said...

You are probably gaining muscle as you lose fat. So the weight doesnt change, but the body composition (and dress sizes) change for the better. You are doing great. Continued success homie.

Bek said...

Hey Cyndi,

It sounds like you are doing great guns. You really need to put that little number in its place! Everything else is indicating great things. Focus on your ever increasing fitness, focus on your ever increasing booty size! Don't let the number on the scale take any of those victories away from you!

Your insides are more than definitely getting healthier! Your heart, lungs and blood vessels will be sending out little thank you's all day long!

Keep doing what your doing!
Hugs
Bek

Kristy said...

Cyndi, my petite little flower, I hope you're rejoicing in fitting comfortably into those tiny pants. Numbers on the scale are nice, but they definitely do not tell the whole story. One of these days you'll wake up and the numbers will be down again. Don't worry about it. You're stronger, thinner, and so much faster. Enjoy it!

Carly said...

Numbers are for the birds....you are doing great. Nice work on the pants fitting a little looser.

Anonymous said...

Im with carly and was stopping to comment to say just that.

number schmumbers.

you are doing fantastically and just stick with it.

xo xo,

a fellow shosh'admirer

SuperDave said...

Look at the title of your blog.
The scale is broken! I still have a hardtime myself with looking at the darn numbers on the scale even though I know that I am shrinking.

I responded to yesterdays post today. Take a look over there.
:)

Diana Swallow said...

I love the list of what you do know, these are the things we all need to focus on. The scale nothing more than a hunk of metal and glass with compulsive liar tendencies.