Saturday, November 1, 2008

Pumpkin Mania

I hope everyone had a fun evening! We had a great time in the 'hood, and the pumpkin display was a hit. People come from all over just to see the display! We are going to set the pumpkins up again this evening - why not? After all that work Mike put in to them, it just makes us sad to throw them out! Four of the pumpkins are carved from 'Funkins', so those we get to keep to display every year. I'm hoping the McCain / Obama pumpkins will make it through election day at least!

This was the first year I did not walk with a kid for trick or treating. Alison went off to a friend's house and Grace went with a group from the 'hood. Chris of course is the candy-passer-outer, and he was rested and up for the job. His aide from school came by with her family and told him that he had been nominated as 'Student of The Month' yesterday and the whole school cheered for him - even though he was absent. Chris was so proud! He has been working hard and deserves the award!

Here are some pics:

'Obama' was the consistent favorite among the little kids. "Look Mom - it's OBAMA!'

The Keith Ledger 'Joker' pumpkin was another favorite.


Abe Lincoln (Chris' fav!), American Gothic, and ET!


Boris Karloff, The Mummy


Just for fun!



Chris, ready for duty! The shirt says 'Trick or Treat' - I also accept cash'.


'The Gang' from the 'hood. Grace is the prettiest pirate ever! Note she is hanging with all The Boys....oi vey!












7 comments:

Carly said...

Holy Talent Batman! He carved those?! Those are awesome! Did you take a poll for the presidential hopefuls? LOL

Great photos! I hope you had a great halloween.

Unknown said...

Cool carvings! Talent! I have never carved a pumpkin before, probably because I know I'm not very artistic!

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Mike is an amazing pumpkin carver...those are really works of art. It's a pity that they only get "one night" :-)

I got choked up that Chris is student of the month. What a proud mama you must be. Love his shirt, everyone loves cash. hehe

You're raising a heart breaker with that Gracie. Glad her foot is all better.

Have a nice weekend!

BeachRunner said...

Those pumpkins ROCK! Great pics. Thanks for sharing. Happy Halloween.

SuperDave said...

Your hubster is "The Man." That takes a ton of patience to carve those things out. I carved 2 last year that took me forever. I vowed to not do it again.. :)
You've been blessed with beautiful children.

RooBabs said...

Love the pumpkins- they are amazing! And glad things turned out well, with Gracie, Chris, the weather, etc.

And how cool about Chris being student of the month. I always wished I could be that when I was younger, but I never, ever received it. And I was a good student, too. So good for him!!

Nicole said...

seriously those pumpkins are AWESOME. . i attempted to carve a cute pumpkin but mine did not turn out like those! how did ur husband do that? :)