Are we all a little sleepy-eyed today? I know I am! I dozed off around 11:00pm last night, only to wake up a little over an hour later to see Obama's victory speech...probably one of the most moving, eloquent presidential messages I've heard in my adult life. No matter how you voted yesterday, you can't help but feel the sense of hope and change reverberating through our country. It's as if we are on the cusp of something great....it's a little scary, sure - change is always that way. There is a lot of work to do, and it won't be easy - but with a 'fresh' set of eyes, an optimistic outlook, and an energized country - you can't help but feel hopeful for the future, and our children's future!
By contrast...no big drum roll necessary for my weekly weigh-in, as there is no change to report. A little progress on the tape measure though, it seems I am consistently dropping 1/4 inches at a time, so that is good! Progress continues, however slowly...but I am learning that slow is permanent, and THAT is a good thing!
My workout last night was The Bomb. I ended up heading up to the track, because I still had to re-calibrate my Garmin, which I did, and now I'm just going to leave it alone! :-) When I got to the track, I was happy to see the lights were still on, and I had the place to myself. However, after about 10 minutes, I saw the maintenance guy and BAM - LIGHTS OUT! The good news is, there was still plenty of building light and glow from the rec center, parking lot lights etc - so it actually made for a pretty cool atmosphere to run. I did some fast strides, ran the bleachers, walked to recover, sped back up to faster than my normal pace. It was great. Nothing too structured in terms of intervals, just random pick ups of speed when I felt the urge. Otherwise, running on a track is boring! Came home and did my ab work, and some push ups - didn't have time to do the weights, so I figured the push ups were a good 'catch all' substitution. I am feeling THOSE today....ouch!
Today is another beautiful day, and I am looking forward to a lunch time walk down to the lake and back. It's a great loop to walk, with a slight uphill climb on the way back - I am going to take my Garmin just to clock the distance, calories burned etc. It's about a 35 - 40 minute walk total.
Thankful Thought: I am thankful for Epilepsy Research, and all who contribute to the cause. The FDA has approved a new drug to become available in January 2009 that looks to be a good one to add to our list of options for Chris!
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Change and hope are in the air. Enjoy the beautiful day.
Nice workout! I'm so happy its been beautiful around here lately... however, i think were gonna see COLD temps this weekend! UGH :(
Progress on the tape measure is always welcome! And I am definitely super sleepy today.
Sounds like a great workout. Although my workout was different, I totally felt the same way about it.
Enjoy your walk today, and the beautiful weather. And very cool about the new drug approved!!
It sounds like you are definitely up on your Epilepsy Fight. Knowledge is the key.
I wish that I had a track that I could run on. The high school locks it down after school hrs.
Has the weather not been gorgeous this week. Too bad it can't stay this way.
Forget the scale..did you say Ran the Bleachers???!!! Go Strongleg Girl!
That must have been so fun...YOUR track YOUR way.
I'm beginning to like inches more than pounds. How bout you?
Post a Comment