Friday, November 7, 2008

You Make Me Feel Like Dancin'...

Whew! What a week! Craziness at work, chaos on the home front...TGIF! It was one of those weeks when working moms say 'How/Why the heck do I do this?'.
Then I got home this evening and I was reminded why. Silliness reigns in the house tonight. It was 'dance night in the garage' ~ I enjoyed watching my Grace dance some 70's tunes with her dad...in our garage (which incidentally is the 'man cave' of the house and resembles the inside of an Applebees....)
Very funny, very silly - very much feelin' the love. From 'I Will Survive' to 'You Make Me Feel Like Dancin'...to 'Stayin Alive' and 'Boogie Fever'...the Ko-garage was rockin tonight! The Husband was trying to be all like this (and sadly really thinks he looks this cool):

And Grace..... (who really DOES look this sweet)








And then, Paul McCartney's 'Everybody's Gonna Dance Tonight' plays, which causes daddy to get all misty-eyed over the joy of dancing with his 'baby girl', in his 'man cave' on a rainy Friday evening. Does it get any better than that?
So I am reminded today, that us grown ups do what we do in our day to day lives, because we have to....and we cherish these simple, silly moments like a most precious gift.
And so, my Thankful Thought for today..... "I'm Alive" Cheers All!





I'm Alive (Kenny Chesney and Dave Matthews)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How freaking fun does that sound?? Did you and Alison get to watch Ghost Whisperer tonight?

Thanks for the music. Have a wonderful weekend.

Bek said...

That is awesome!

I love dancing around with Lucy and it will just get more fun as she learns to walk and dance! And even more fun as more babies come to meet us!

YAY!

Great post! Thanks for making me smile!

BeachRunner said...

Awesome. I need a Man Cave.

Kristy said...

awww...made me a little misty too. What a wonderful life, Cyndi