* LADIES...if you have not picked up or received this month's FITNESS magazine, this would be the issue to get! If you are not already aware, there is a free '25 Minute Total Body Workout' DVD with this month's issue.
* I just completed this workout and my whole body is still quivering. My heart rate got up to 140 during this workout, and I have discovered muscles I did not know existed. (HINT: the exercises are 'multi-tasking' in nature, such as 'contract this - engage that - align this - don't arch that'. WHEW! )
* The so-called 'strength training' I've been doing? Eh.....VERY old school! This DVD rocks - I'm going to be hurting tomorrow, I can feel it already. I'm not sure exactly WHAT I've been doing, but it definitely hasn't been THIS workout.
* The workout claims that you will be 'Little Black Dress' ready. I will put this claim to the test....I have quite a few of those LBD's in the depths of my closet, (in every size yes) and I may even model the results at the end of December! If I'm brave enough....
* Even with bullet points, I still can't be brief...what gives?
* When I was 11 years old, I won a hula hoop contest at a county fair in Missouri.
* I 'hooped' for 70 minutes in 90 degree August heat, with bees swarming all around.
* I got stung twice....and kept hooping.
* I won a snow cone, it was blue. (yep, that's IT, a snow cone)
* To honor that memory, I want THIS for Christmas. (Also see page 16 of this month's Fitness)
* Seriously...how FUN does that look???? This is apparently all the rage lately...how did I miss this?
* Some new favorite things on my grocery list these days: dried cranberries, no salt slivered almonds, sunflower seeds (for salad crunch!), dried apricots, Kashi 7 grain nuggets.
* I've added a book to my 'must read' list: 'Eat, Pray, Love' By Elizabeth Gilbert. (Review in Women's Health: "A great woman accepting her weaknesses? I fell in love with it. It made me want to eat great food and have great sex and great friends." )
* Now THAT's what I'm talkin' about....
* Dave and BeachRunner, if you are still reading at this point...you are WAY cooler than I already knew you were! ;-)
* Back to the Total Body Workout....the narrarator kept saying I was working my lower back.
* I thought, '???' I don't feel nuthin there....
* 45 minutes later....I feel it now.
* I did not do one sit-up, but I feel like I did 100.
Hope everyone has a great weekend!


6 comments:
You hooped for 70 minutes! Holy cow woman, thats awesome! And you got stung, twice? YOur crazy! I would have stoped and cried LOL.. Thats seriously an awesome story! You really do rock cyndi!!
Its just Fitness magazine right? I'm totally going to get it! I need to be swimsuit ready by March 1st as my family will be going on a cruise for spring break! Its actually our christmas present but were going on my spring break! AHHH im pumped!!!!
Cyndi, thanks for the tips. You don't ever have to be brief. Eat, Pray, Love is a great book.
Holy Cow- I subscribe to Fitness, but I'm so behind right now, I haven't read any of my Nov magazines. I'll definitely have to check it out when I get home.
Love the hooping, too. That Hoopnotica is so graceful and elegant. I would love to look like they do, but I'm more of an Elvis-Pelvis, you know, just a lot of shakin' going on.
I'm excited to try the video, but also nervous now, especially after my experience with Biggest Loser "Cardio" Max (I put cardio in quotes because it's definitely plenty of strength training, too- and I was sore for 3 days!!)
I am running to get that magazine RIGHT NOW. Thansk for the tip as I am looking for stuff to do at home. Thanks to Miz I have a Lebert but the more the merrier.
HOLY HOOLA HOOPER!! I took one hooping class in SF and I was sore for the entire weekend. LOL. You're my hero.
Eat, Pray, Love was an amazing read...I HIGHLY recommend it. For me it came at the perfect time in my life, right when I left my ex. As you read you'll see what it was perfect.
Um love the new signature.
Have a great weekend BBF.
LOL. Nice bullets homie.
I made it to the point where you mentioned me, and then ... well ... it was all about me from that point on. :) Have a great weekend.
My head is so big now! Like melon huge. LOL!!!
I always read your posts, everyone of them. Running out of time these days due to work.
The only thing is that when you don't post on a day, I don't get my "Positive Cyndi" fix for the day!
hehe :)
Post a Comment