I wanted to sneak in one last post before trekking off with the fam to lovely Haymarket, Virginia. I couldn't miss the opportunity to wish all of my Bloggy Peeps a wonderful Thanksgiving and express how thankful I am to have found such great support from all of you truly unique, fun and inspirational folks! Thanks for cheering me on, thanks for the high fives, thanks for just taking time to read my sometimes non-sensical ramblings. You are all RockStars in my book!
I am happy to say that the scale seems to be moving back in the right direction! I am down to 146 as of today, even bouncing to 145, lol - nice to see that number I must say, as it's a 'new' number, but not official yet. The number settled more firmly on 146. (It was a weigh in a la 'Biggest Loser' with the numbers flipping, flipping, flipping - STOP!)
I humbly add that I can NOT stop weighing myself daily yet, nor can I do two week weigh-ins. I tried for a couple of days, and then broke and demanded the return of the scale to the bathroom. I believe I will step on the scale every day for the rest of my life, just like brushing my teeth. It's that simple. :-)
We are heading to Virginia to visit my husband's brother and family. There will be 21 of us around the dinner table tomorrow, which is *almost* the whole fam. (Hubby is one of six kids!) There are hikes in a nearby national park planned, a Turkey Bowl (yes the annual football game, participation MANDATORY), visits to the rec center across the street, and of course, a day or two in Washington DC. It should be a great, family weekend! The kids especially are so looking forward to 'cousining' (there are 11 grandkids!) and just going on an 'adventure' for Thanksgiving, while still being with all the fam!
I plan to take a run tomorrow morning at the crack of dawn, which will be fun in a new place, and then get my third run in either Saturday or Sunday. With hiking, touring and other fun activities, I also have plenty of cross-training opportunities too! No more sitting around on the holiday feeling over-stuffed and sluggish! Yes, I plan to eat and enjoy a great holiday meal, but I truly don't think I could handle that 'over-stuffed' feeling.
Happy Thanksgiving to all...I hope you all enjoy a wonderful holiday with family and friends!
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Hey Cyndi! As a fellow compulsive weigher, I just have to point out that you are now officially halfway to your goal weight! And if you weren't weighing we wouldn't know that. Just saying. So, Congratulations!!!
Your weekend sounds so fun - filled with family, fun, and activities. We truly are blessed, aren't we? To have the freedom and resources to travel to be with our loved ones, plenty to eat, and beautiful surroundings to do it all in. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend {{{{{Cyndi and crew}}}}}
Happy Thanksgiving! Don't you love the anticipation of a run in a brand new place? Those runs are always the best, and in Virginia you should have great crisp weather! Since moving to Georgia I've found the cold weather really helps my speed lol. I guess I am ready to get back to the warmth and so I go faster. Anyway, eat lots of turkey, relax and have fun!
Awesome job with the weight loss! I'm so thankful for all of my bloggie peeps too! I had a great time meeting up with Shosh, next time she comes back to MI i told her i would dive down to Toledo so we could meet up with you!! If i would have realized that you ladies were meeting up there, i would have joined in! Happy Turkey Day and Have safe travels!
Hope your Turkey Day went well. Nothing like a good Thanksgiving football game!
hope you had an amazing thanksgiving.
21? thats a lotta people and a lotta love.
I love big families! There are 6 kids in my family (3 are married), and 8 kids in the Hubs family (1 passed away, and 5 married). So we had one Turkey day with 12 of us, and the other with 24 of us (including all the kids). It was great!
And I love running in new places, even if it's just a treadmill (like when I was on a cruise last spring, I was on the t-mill while looking out at the ocean...and the boat was rocking).
Hope your holiday was fabulous!
Post a Comment