So as I am getting my planned food down on in my log this morning, I thought I'd share today's menu, so you can all get an idea of where my frustration lies. In Weight Watcher world, technically I'm supposed to be at 20 points now, since I am under 150 pounds. However, I still plan around 22 points, and then I don't 'eat' any AP points I earn through exercise. The bottom line is, 20 points is not a lot of food, case in point.....here is my 22 point menu for today.
Breakfast
1/4 cup Kashi 7 grain nuggets - 2 points (this is not even a full serving!)
1/2 cup Blueberries - 0 (fruit and a super food!)
Yoplait Fat Free yogurt - 2 (dairy)
1 Tablespoon sliced almonds - 1 (for healthy fats)
1 Cup 1% milk (in coffee) - 2 (dairy)
Total: 7 points -
**I guess I could save 2 points here by finding a 1 point yogurt, and using skim instead of 1% milk.
Lunch
Tuna Wrap
Fat free wrap - 2 (whole grain)
Tuna - 1 (protein)
Low Fat Provolone - 2 (1/2 dairy serving)
1 T Low Fat Mayo - 1 (Healthy Fat - with Omega 3's!)
Spinach / tomatoes - 0 (veges! both super foods!)
Vege chips - 3
Total: 9 points
***I know I can skip the vege chips to save 3 points, or, eat just 1/2 serving to save 1.5 points
I could skip the cheese (but it's part of my dairy requirement), and I could skip the mayo or use Fat Free mayo.
Snack
1 small apple - 1
1Tablespoon Reduced Fat Peanut Butter - 2
***here I can skip the peanut butter (I guess....) But I'm going for the carb/protein combo here for a satisfying snack :-)
So already I am at 19 points, which on a 20 point plan, would leave me ONE point for dinner. At a 22 point plan, leaves me just THREE points for dinner! If I cut back where I said I could, that that gives me 10 additional points to play with - or cutting 1/2 of those items, would give me 5 points. But seriously ...who eats Tuna with no mayo? And I need SOME fat in my diet after all for Pete's sake! :-)
This is where I get frustrated by following points. The only big 'offenders' here are the low fat mayo, the low fat cheese, the vege crisps and the low fat peanut butter - and are those really that bad? Apparently!
So have at it Bloggie Peeps - rip my menu apart for me. (Shosh! Future WeWa leader - Help!) Let me know if I need to give away my vege crisps and take the CHEESE off my sandwhich. Or, let me know if I should basically add WATER to my coffee instead of 1% milk? Or, what is an alternative protein to have with my afternoon apple?
Otherwise, I guess I'm eating ZERO POINT SOUP for dinner, lol!
By the way - My 41 minute run rocked yesterday and the Total Body workout routine was a 'little' easier the 2nd time around! My kids had more fun than me though...they got a kick out of watching me trying to do an inverted something or other on the balance ball! Good times, good times.....


8 comments:
Wow I didn't realize how much the little extras can add up to. I probably need to follow the w.w.points. Im eating way to much looking at your menu.
20 points is nothing! It loosely translates into 1000 calories a day. I would suggest eating more of your Activity and Flex points. A few years ago when I was very close to goal and running a lot, I found I had to make my own "magic" number for how many points I got because I started gaining if my points got too low. Does that make any sense?
Yes, I think the extras add up but you are certainly not overdoing it. Good Luck.
Okay, I think I just ate everything on your menu for lunch. 20 pts? Yikes! I feel for ya......
OK we can totally rework that menu. You need to adjust the amounts of some stuff...do you really need a whole cup of milk in your coffee? If so, switch to skim, I SKEEVE milk and I don't drink coffee but for smoothies I use Skim Plus. It's as full bodied as regular milk.
For breakfast I suggest a Fiber One Eng Muffin with 1 tbspn PB or FF Cream Cheese(two tblspns for 1 pt). If you want yogurt, fruit and granola/nuts here is my suggestion(I had this for lunch as a matter of fact)
1 WW yogurt(they are bigger than the Yoplaits and they have fiber)1pt
Berries 0 pts
I found this awesome granola Galaxy Granola at Whole Foods 1/2 cup for two points, normally it's 1/4 cup for that. 2 points
1/2 cup Fiber One cereal 0 pts
That's a VERY filling 3 pt breakfast and with a small banana that would still only be 4. That's a 3 pt savings from where you are.
I hope this helps. I can email you with more suggestions. :-)
What a dilemma. You're right that it doesn't seem like a lot of food, but I've never done WW, just counting calories.
But I can suggest that sometimes instead of peanut butter you can eat a light string cheese or a Laughing Cow light cheese wedge with your apple (or with celery- it's really good if you spread it on). It's lower in calories and fat, plus it's a dairy serving.
Good luck!
I give you props for eating all that. . i couldnt do it. If i could eat that healthy, i would be in ultimate shape, i just cant seem to give up junk! Your still my inspiration! :)
Seems like a really nice balance, Cyndi. I wouldn't want to see you eating less than that. Shosh's suggestions look good to me...a born WW leader!
I defer to the great and wise SHOSH :)
but love all the suggestions you got AND the fact you used the word ROCKED in reference to a run.
Im not there...yet:)
Post a Comment