Well, I'm still smilin', thank you, even though my weigh-in today smacked me with a (*gasp*) one pound GAIN. It is my first gain to report since I started this journey back in July. Not only THAT, but guess what? My THIGHS are measuring 1/2" larger than last week too. No change with any other measurements. So....all I can say to this is, what goes up, must come down, right? :-)
I'm noticing a pattern now, after almost 4 months in to this journey and reviewing my logs. I seem to hold steady, bouncing between two numbers, for 2-3 weeks - and then almost over night, two or three pounds is gone, or a certain pair of pants/jeans suddenly becomes too lose to wear. I am not going to freak over this one lousy pound, because I am certainly not gaining weight here. I am swimming in my clothes these days. I am trying to hold out as long as I can before shopping. The thigh thing? - well, I can tell it's muscle. I'm running longer these days, so of course muscle is going to build more...in my case, it seems my muscles develop much faster than the fat burns, lol.
Or, MAYBE MY SCALE IS BROKEN hee hee...I couldn't resist that one, but pretty funny yes?
I did my 30 minute run this morning, since last night I had to go shop for my hubby's birthday present. Today is his 41st birthday! Lucky for me, his cake of choice is Angel Food, so I will be indulging in a small slice of that this evening, with some fresh fruit, and the frosting scraped off. ;-) My run was nice and easy, heart rate holding steady at 143 the whole time.
So, what do I do about my one pound gain? Well, not much! I'm not sure that it's a true gain, but the same checks are in place - watch sodium, don't slack on the water (so busy at work, I am slacking on the water intake), etc. I am doing well with the veges, really making a conscious effort to get them in every day. It hasn't been perfect every single day, but most days I've been successful!
Now I'm off to find a healthy lunch!
Cheers!
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
I am so happy to hear that you're not too bummed about the pound. It's only a pound and I agree that it may not even be real. That darn sodium sneaks up on us when we're least expecting it. :-)
Ooooohhhh what time should I be there for Angel Food cake, with frosting please.
You made a good point: "It hasn't been perfect every single day..." nobody is perfect every day, that would make you crazy. The fact that you can look at MOST days as a success is fantastic. This journey is about small victories and you have had a lot of those.
I am so proud of all of your accomplishments xoxo
Good job and and even better attitude. Keep on rockin. You are doing great!
Happy Birthday Mike!!!!
I love your attitude about a small 1-lb gain. Seriously, I don't know how you stay so even-keeled with everything. You are amazing! And your checks sound like a great way to stay on track.
Enjoy the angel food cake (and feel lucky that it's his favorite, cuz my Hubs fave is German Chocolate).
Keep up the good work!
I'm glad your not stressing about the one pound... one pound could not even really be a pound... do you weigh yourself at the same time each wednesday? i'm sure you do and thats a stupid question, but maybe thats a factor too??
either way, great job and way to stay positive!!!
Loose clothes is a good sign ;-) I believe that weight and measurements fluctuate throughout the month regardless of how hard we've worked. One pound is no biggie. Keep up the good work, and I know that it will pay off.
Yes indeedy, one pound doesn't mean what it used to does it? Especially when you realize how toned your body is getting, how strong your legs, and how loose your clothes. Kepp doing what you've been doing and eventually the weight will go away too. And I'm especially glad to hear yu're eating your veggies. You know how I feel about them : )
Happy Birthday to that wonderful husband of yours!
Hey Cyndi,
One pound is nothing,
Over here it's not even 0.5kg!
With your fantastic positive attitude what goes up will definitely come down again!
Hope your hubby has a wonderful birthday!
Bek
x
Glad you are not worried about that 1 lb! Muscle is good and you'll be getting alot more of thoughs.. :)
Post a Comment