Friday, October 31, 2008

Trick or Treat!

Happy Halloween!
A little disclaimer: This photo is not to assume affiliation with any political party. In an effort to be 'fair and balanced' in the neighborhood this evening, we WILL be sportin' a McCain pumpkin as well! I do not have that photo available at press time.
The McCain pumpkin is just as fabulous.... photos to be posted of all of Mike's 2008 pumpkins tomorrow!

It's been a crazy week. Had Grace in for an xray - all is well there, just a bad sprain and she'll be wearing a support brace for some time and doing some strengthening exercises for that ankle, which she has twisted FOUR times in the last 8 weeks. Nothing broken though...thank goodness.

I am home with my Chris today, and hoping he comes around for his big job tonight of passing out candy and showing off his dad's pumpkins! We will keep our fingers crossed! He's had such a fun, exciting week with his birthday and getting pumped for Halloween...the adrenaline got the best of his brain today unfortunately so we are resting up and hoping things start looking up for him as the day goes on.

I had a 'fight' with my Garmin this week....Wednesday evening I calibrated it officially to the treadmill and experienced a little 'letdown'. Turns out, over the last month, Garmin has been telling me I've been running faster and farther than I really have been. Significantly so. I think it's bothering me more than than my stupid 'Broken Scale'! I will get over it...it's just numbers after all, right? I am MORE than numbers, this I know. Enough said here!

I am looking forward to a fun evening with beautiful weather, and catching up with friends and neighbors - since we've all been hibernating recently because of the cold, windy, wet, dark days. The sun is out today, temps are on the rise - it's Halloween on a FRIDAY, we've been waiting years for a weekend Halloween!

I hope everyone has a fun evening and great weekend!

Cheers!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your Obama pumpkin ;-)

I am so sorry to hear that Chris is having a rough day. I hope that he rallies tonight and is able to enjoy the Halloween fun.

Darn that Garmin! The good news is that you've gotten it fixed and you can move on from there.

You're right, it's just a number. Do you feel like less of an athlete, runner or superstar because of it? You better not.

Happy Halloween my BBF

Anonymous said...

I have been trying to email you :-(

We postponed until Friday since there is a conflict.

Kristy said...

What a fun Halloween, Cyndi. Hope Chris was bale to enjoy it too

Yeah, love those numbers, but as Shosh said, you're more than them.

SuperDave said...

Sry, I'm playing "catch-up."
I wouldn't calibrate your Garmin with a treadmill, TM 's are notorious for being off. Instead go down to the track and calibrate it that way. It will be "dead-on."