I almost didn't do my Day 2 workout tonight. It was the first day of school, so when I got home at 6:00, it was mahem. Forms to complete (times 3), books to cover, dinner, more supplies to buy....I gave myself permission to work out in the morning. Then I didn't trust myself to follow through. Next The Husband made a comment something along the lines of 'isn't today your running day? Are you done with it now that school started?' He was teasing of course but I had my whole list of excuses and my 'plan' to do it tomorrow morning...frankly I was annoyed which REALLY got me going. Suddenly I was feeling a bit stressed out, overwhelmed with the new routine and felt that my 'me time' was about to suffer, so then I felt selfish and guilty. (My daughter: 'wait, you're going to RUN right now? What about my notebook I need? *sigh* she can be so 13 sometimes...)
Next thing I knew, I was on the treadmill, struggling through the workout. After all, what's 30 minutes? I did fine actually, I notice that I am running faster and it's more comfortable to run faster than it is to run slowly? Anyway, of course I felt better all around when I was done, so I'm glad I did it, and my hubby did his 'thing' and it worked! It was hard to get started, as always...but good to complete. I even did my little lame ab workout ha ha...more muscle spasms there, so not fun! Just a warning, I will complain a LOT about abs, just so you know.
I was then able to run to the store, do the forms, get organized, clean up the kitchen and check in with my blog peeps! I probably would not have had the energy if I had not done my workout.
But phew....that was close, I almost flaked on myself for all the same reasons I never stuck with this before! I am learning, slowly but surely!
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Cyndi- it sounds like you are doing great!! Your running is really progressing fantastically. I'm so proud that you're keeping up with the ab challenge. I have a feeling you will have some excellent results at the "end" (I put that in quotes, because it's not really an end, just a measuring point, and hopefully we'll all keep going with our new "ab habits"). = )
And congrats on losing 2 lbs, especially after vacation. That's impressive!
Way to go with sticking to it!
BIG VICTORY DAY simply because you did it.
huge.
That's how it's done I guess. Even when we don't feel like it. And, yeah, it really does always make us feel better and more energetic, doesn't it?
Congrats on making the time and setting the tone for the rest of the school year.
Good for you!! Your dedication is paying off and you should be proud. You did not fall prey to your excuses HOORAY!!
"You" time is so important especially with school starting. You have every right to complain about the ab challenge, those muscles are small and hard to control :-)
Keep up the great work!!
Good job for just "doing it!"
Many days I have to kick my own butt to get myself to exercise. That fact that you continue to keep motivated to be healthy along with being "supermom" and "superwife" is great. You are doing a grwat job!!!!
Post a Comment