Yesterday, as I was sitting at the lab with my son waiting to do his blood draw, I thought 'hmmm....I forgot to update my little weight ticker thingie on the blog...' (yes of all things THIS popped into my head with some importance!)
Well...I hope ya'll don't mind, but if it's ok I updated my ticker with today's weight instead of yesterday's weight. ;-) I hope I'm not breaking some ethical code of blogging by doing so - I figure it's no worse than if I had to go to a WW meeting one day later due to a scheduling conflict or something, right?
Today I was down to 155, which means a one pound loss from last week - apparently my body has recovered from the sodium fiasco, and whatever other cycle-type stuff going on!
I did NOT do my workout last night - this is the second time I've had two days of 'rest' between workouts. The first was during vacation. The only reason I did not run yesterday is because I was not properly fueled. It was a crazy day with Chris, bouncing between home/work/doctor etc., so even though I ATE, it was at odd times and sort of 'on the go'.
So I will run this evening, and take my long walk Friday, and get the third run in on Saturday - and I'll still be good for the week!
Hope the day is good for all....
Chris update: First, thanks so much for the positive thoughts and cyber-hugs! No initial sign of bacteria to indicate a bladder infection. However, there was some blood in the urine, so we got some blood drawn for a complete workup, and submitted another urine sample for a closer look. Doc was concerned about Chris' weight loss (12 pounds since December), the persistent nausea/dry heave etc. All of this could be side effects from his meds of course, but obviously the blood in the urine needs a further look. Hope to hear some results today. I'm trying not to worry until and if I need to!
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Cyndi: I aske my client today about Keppra and its affects on the immune system. He said that in some cases, Keppra and other antiseizure medications can decrease the white blood cell count. But, he said that he has not found many cases of this leading to infection in his adult patients. The medications that do seem to lead to extreme white blood cell reduction are either off the market or rarely used.
I hope the labs can get to the bottom of what is bothering Chris...let us know!
Hey Cindi,
I'm glad the scales started behaving themselves for you, Mine are being a little deranged at the moment and I'm hoping to see a correction soon!
Its okay to take a rest sometimes when you feel you need it, and you have a lot going on life at the moment. Besides, you;re in that nice place at the moment where you look forward to exercise and can feel the benefits so you'll be loving your walk and third run!
Hope all works out okay for Chris, Sending lots of happy healthy thougts your way
Post a Comment