Thursday, August 7, 2008

Two weeks down, seven to go!

I had to do W2D3 on my treadmill this evening. Driving home from work, I was suddenly SO tired, and even contemplated putting off the workout until tomorrow morning. I have not attempted a 5:30 am workout yet, so in the end, I figured I was more likely to gt it done today then at that ungodly hour!

After I dusted off The Beast, and got started, I started to feel instantly better. I'll say one thing, it sure is easier to breathe in my cool basement with no humidity! I was able to kick things up a notch and even cranked out the final 90 second sprint at 5mph! I have no idea if that is 'fast' in the running world, but for me, it was an all out sprint and I just don't know where that came from! Even my Chris was impressed and high fivin' me when I finished! He's the best cheerleader in the world.

I was feeling a little 'ick' this afternoon so I am just amazed that I powered through this workout anyway. I made the choice, and it was a good one and I'm better for it.

Surprisingly, my diet has not really been a huge aspect to think about. I am obsessed with the running and think about it all the time. When dieting in the past, I thought about food all the time. Planning, counting, when would I eat, how much would I eat....so it is good for me to put the emphasis on exercise now and the eating part of it has been easy. I know all about what to eat or not to eat...so it is nice to be able to focus my energy on the exercise.

Next weeks workouts have three minute runs....again I have the nagging doubts that I can seriously DO that. I really have no idea! What I do know is that I have to do it and I guess just trust my body.

Now I am off to do some packing for vacation and then I will collapse into bed, proud to have checked off the end of the 2nd week of this 9 week adventure!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cyndi: Have a wonderful vacation! You inspire me to run, and I cannot wait to get back to exercising once this virus or whatever I have subsides ;-)

Anonymous said...

You're awesome. Keeping the focus off the food is a great! I of course think about food non-stop and count the moments until my next meal...if only I can change the "F" word to "W" word maybe that would work.

Have a great vacation!