Saturday, August 23, 2008

Week 4 Update Picture

I have some 'mental' meanderings floating around my mind and hope to get that down sometime this weekend. But in the meantime, I just wanted to post an update photo since I just completed the first 4 weeks of C25K! This time has flown, I can't believe I made it this far without stopping! The changes are very subtle, but if I look hard enough (ha ha) I can see I am shrinking! The largest changes are in my mind and in how I feel and that is important too!

Now - I apologize for the picture quality, but my son was the only one up and around to take this photo this morning, and he has NEVER taken a photo or used a camera in his life. Well, I have never been a 'runner' in my life, so I think it's befitting that my first milestone picture was taken by Chris!

The best part of finishing Week 4 is that on the last 5 minute run, I just kept going, and ended up finishing up with an 8 minute interval! Granted, it was an easy 3.6mph pace, but it felt good and I was just curious to see how far I could go. So, when I get to Week 5 Day 2 next week, I know I can get through that 8 minute interval!

That's all for now! Still have to do my Ab Challenge workout and then get on with the weekend chores!

Cheers all~

6 comments:

Andrew is getting fit said...

Way to go! I love seeing people progressing with C25K. :)

Kristy said...

Cyndi,
I can see the difference - your overall body looks firmer, straighter, more "pulled together", your arms look firmer and your legs have more definition. Not that I'm examining you too closely like a freak or anything.

8 Minutes! I'm in awe! Keep up the great progress!

SuperDave said...

I can tell Cyndi that you are getting more fit. You look taller in the shoulders(posture). And yes I can see it in your smile.
It feels good to "get in shape!"

Anonymous said...

Chris did a great job taking the photo, and I can see a change already. I was so proud of you after reading Wednesday's post about almost skipping the workout. I should keep this in mind most days as I prepare to skip!

Bek said...

Woohoo!

You've broken the barrier. This is when you start progressing in leaps and bounds and not hanging out for the time to be up.

ISn't this running thing wonderful!

You're looking good!
COngrats

Anonymous said...

Cyndi you look great!! The changes are obvious. You should hold your head up high and give yourself a HUGE pat on the back for your great extended workout.

Keep it up!!