Monday, August 18, 2008

I Don't LIke Suprises!

I don't normally post twice in a day, but I just had to get this out....I'm a flake, that's all there is to it! I repeated Week 2 of C25K last week on vacation, albeit with a couple of 'tweaks' to keep it challenging etc. So today I get home from work all ready and pumped up for Week 3, which I thought was going to be a total of six, 3 minute intervals? Turns out....Week three is only TWO 3 minute runs, with shorter walks in between - EXACTLY WHAT I DID LAST WEEK ON VACATION!

That in itself is pretty cool - because I figured, Sweet, I can move on now. My bubble quickly burst though as I read the Week 4 workout:
* Run THREE minutes
* Walk 90 Seconds
*Run FIVE minutes
* Walk 2.5 minutes
* Run three minutes
* Walk 90 Seconds
* Run five minutes

Are you kidding me? Here I was gettin all mentally 'up' for all these 3 minute intervals I thought I had to do, and turns out I got all psyched out for no reason, but now I had to do all of the above, with about 5 minutes to get my head in the game...crazy. I don't like surprises!

The good news is...I did it! Every second, every minute. It was hard as heck there at the end, but I talked myself through it, focused on relaxing, my form etc.

I feel closer to a 'real' runner now that I can swing more than a 90 second jog too!

Then I did the dreaded ab work - I had planned on 15 minutes. Ahem, not so much? Here is what I did:

two sets of 12 basic upper ab crunches
1 set of 10 oblique crunches to the right and to the left (at this point my abs started with the spasms ouch, even hubby asked me if I was 'ok')
2 sets of 10 lower ab crunches (using legs out and up, out and up)

Definitely need to work up some strength there!

Off to eat and early to bed - I am pooped but feel great!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Hey! Cedar point is a blast! You should check it out sometime since your so close. The new rides are AWESOME!

Good luck with the running, stay positive its hard at frist but once you get in a routine its hard to stop! Are you doing the challenge too? I'm a bit nervous!

Anonymous said...

You did it!! That's fantastic...you are moving along nicely and will be totally ready for your first 5K.

Good job on the ab workout, I better get on that.

Bek said...

Well done on getting through week 4..and on short notice.

You're going from strength to strength with your running. Its so exhilarating isn't it!

Happy days