Sunday, August 3, 2008

Y..e..ssssssss!

I feel good! I started Week 2 C25K today, which increases the running intervals to 90 seconds, with a 2 minute recovery walk. (love that ha!) Of course this was the first thing on my mind when I opened my eyes this morning...'will I be able to do this, or do I have to repeat Week 1?'

All I can say is that my body continues to surprise me! Just like the first day of Week 1, the workout was perfectly challenging without being perfectly impossible. I think I'm settling into my 'groove' - my breathing is starting to become more natural and in sync with my pace, and I think I've locked into a form that's comfortable for me and not expending too much excess energy. This is so fun!
Next Saturday we leave for our family vacation, so I'm formulating my plan of attack so that I don't lose momentum. If my progress continues, I may even be able to do an October 5K - although there is something very cool about my first running event being on Thanksgiving morning. I anticipate that I will have lots to be thankful for!

I keep thinking of all the fun 'stuff' I need to get...you know, to further my investment ha ha ha....I definitely need a heart rate monitor though, more running 'gear' and who knows what else. If I don't curb my enthusiasm, I'll end up looking like this guy!

By the way, last night I did an awesome healthy dinner! We had steak kebobs on the grill (with green peppers, onion, tomatoes) and then I tried a recipe from Shape magazine, which was a lightened up version of macaroni salad. It was SO delicious with only 3 grams of fat per serving. I also made oven baked onion rings from my new WW cookbook - also delish! I will post the recipes later in a separate recipe post.

Finally, I came across the John Bingham website this week and have gotten a lot of motivation and tips from the site. My favorite quote from John Bingham is 'The miracle isn't that I finished, it's that I had the courage to start'. How true is that?

Happy Sunday!






3 comments:

SuperDave said...

Hi Cyndi!
Good Luck on your weight loss, running, and exercising. I started with the C25K program myself and running is my life now. Can't get enough of it! Keep it up - you are defintely moving in the right direction.
Sign up for that October 5K now. You won't regret it.It will keep you going in the right direction.
I still have a good ways to go myself.....

Human Microbiome Search Engine said...

Those steak kebobs and the baked onion rings do sound tantalizing. I may try making the baked onion rings. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Get onto active.com and sign up!! That is a gret goal and I fully support your decision. :-)

It's amazing what our bodies are willing to do for us given the right fuel etc.

Keep us posted on the race and please take lots of pics of you in that guys running outfit. :-)