Today was my Weigh In, and I'm pretty pleased to log a two pound loss!Considering I was on vacation for a week, I'm very happy with that. It was all I could do not to sneak a peek at the scale for two weeks, let me tell you. So here is my question for all that stop by here - How often do you get on the scale? Feel free to cast your vote in the poll on the left. Myself, I prefer to check in daily. When I was not actively working a healthy lifestyle, I stopped weighing myself, and that's when trouble hits! Next think I knew, I had gained 30 pounds! (again) As much as I don't want to become obsessed with a number on the scale, I just feel better knowing how my body responds to different variables, like exercise, or not enough water, or PMS, or a high sodium meal etc.
Six pounds lost does not seem like a lot of weight, nothing overly impressive...no one is going to say 'Oh My God, you lost SIX POUNDS????? That's AMAZING!' But for another perspective- I picked up one of my 5lb dumbells this morning and I was like, wow, when you hold the weight this way, 6 lbs really IS some extra weight. Some of my old Weight Watcher friends would translate 6 pounds as 24 sticks of butter! When you look at it THAT way, ok, I'm a little more impressed. Six pounds lost has dropped my BMI to within one point of the upper range of 'normal weight'. When I lose 7 more pounds, I will have a 'normal' BMI. Six pounds is really nothing compared to how good I feel though, and how I can tell my body is changing literally day by day by day. Everything you read about running being the best exercise, the best fat burner, the best 'mental health' fix - that's ALL true. All of these positive changes really keep me going with this journey! Of course, having 24 sticks of butter melt right off me is a pretty good motivator too!


3 comments:
Cyndi I am so happy for you!!! 6 pounds is huge as 10 pounds is a clothing size change...you're really working this program that you have set up for yourself and you should be proud of that.
So here goes "OH MY GOODNESS YOU'VE LOST 6LB. YOU LOOK GREAT!!!"
I weigh in daily myself. Usually more than once too!
You might enjoy this:
http://www.andrewisgettingfit.com/2008/02/16/butter-redux/
Cyndi,
Six pounds is great! And they didn't just melt off like butter, or we'd all be sidling up to hot frying pans, overheated car engines, and Johnny Depp's eyes. You worked hard for those pounds. 2 pounds on vacation means you really are making lasting changes.
Btw, you didn't have a vote for how often I weigh myself. Almost every time I'm in the bathroom. Because I like to. So I voted for daily.
Post a Comment