Friday, August 1, 2008

Twenty-Four Minutes


Well, I got through the first week of C25K! I couldn't be more pleased with myself! As I was falling asleep last night, I couldn't help but reflect on how much I accomplished by just 24 minutes of running. After all, it's the running part that I was most afraid of, fear of the 'unknown', fear of not being able to do it, fear of giving up before I gave it a chance...the walking intervals in between the running? No big deal. But this running thing that I was so nervous about...AWESOME!


After just 24 minutes of running:


I have more energy.

I have more confidence.

I walk taller, and lighter on my feet.

I sleep better.

I eat better.

My skin has a 'glow' to it.

I am not bloated.

I feel stronger.

I made a commitment and stuck it out no matter what.

I have a few new 'cyber friends' and I hope we can continue to cheer each other on!

I lost 2 pounds.

I see an ever so slight shape of muscles forming in my thighs!

I am optimistic for the future and excited about exploring and developing this new interest.

I set guilt aside and made 'me' time important, and it benefits everyone else in the family in subtle ways.


Good stuff! How can I not look forward to more? As physically demanding and difficult as it is for me, I can't wait to move on, measure my progress and reap results more visible on the outside. For now, how I feel on the inside makes it worth the wait!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

THAT IS SO GREAT!! Congrats on the first 24.

I love the list of what you've gained, when you're in a rough spot make sure you go back and read that again and again.

Keep it up :-)

Bek said...

Hey Cyndi,

Sounds like you've caught the running bug!
Congrats on the running and the weight loss.
Keep up the good work
Bek

Anonymous said...

Cyndi: YOU ROCK! What an amazing week. I want to print out your list to remind myself why I need to drop everything and exercise. I feel fear as well when I start out on a "run," and think that it holds me back. I've got to let that go ;-)