Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Wednesday Weigh In

Yikes! I'm up two pounds today to 158. I am not concerned though, it is most likely typical fluid fluctuation (my sodium fiasco ha!), or, the fact that I am most definitely building muscle. I am doing ok with nutrition, my only *weakness* being Bud Light Lime on the weekend ha ha...but nothing overly excessive that would cause a scale increase.
The tape measure says it all though....since July 26th I have whittled away 5 whole inches, the largest reduction so far being in my hips at 1.5" lost! On a monthly basis I chart the following measurements: neck, chest, waist, hips, thigh, calves, arms and wrist. (wrist because that was included in a BMI calculator somewhere and believe it or not, my wrist is down 1/4"!) So this really gives the better picture and I try not to stress too much on the scale...at least for now as I'm only one month in to this journey and my body is still adjusting to the activity.
Here's to a better day!


Update on Chris...I'm fairly sure that he has a recurrence of a bladder infection because he had an accident during the night and that pretty much sealed the deal in my mind. The nausea and fever are exactly what he had before. I've already collected a 'sample' and hopefully can get him to the doctor this morning and get started on some antibiotics. Of course we'll have to address the fact that this is two infections back to back, and we'll take that as it comes.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cyndi I missed your post from yesterday so I read it today and I am so sorry that you're having a hard time.

I am glad that you posted today about your positive body changes and that you will try not to let the number on the scale get to you.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and Chris...I hope they figure this out soon.

...to Lose 55 Pounds said...

It's funny you mention wrist measurement because I can atest to the fact that fat comes off from every body part! The watch that I had quit wearing because it had gotten to tight to wear comfortably is now huge on me and is always turned upside down. I think I could take 2 links out, but it's a nice reminder of how far I've come...even in my wrists.

I wish I had taken measurements when I started but I didn't. Still haven't. I just know I'm down 4 pant sizes and 3-4 shirt sizes. =)

You're doing great...keep at it!