Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Happy New Year!

I am continually amazed at how each year seems to go by faster than the one before! My first and most important 'resolution' in the new year is to live in each moment fully. Sometimes it feels like I'm looking out the window and life is just whizzing by.

My first goal is to BE in every moment as completely as I can. Good and bad moments....I want to feel it and live it all.

I started running about 23 weeks ago. 23 weeks - that's all?! Running has been such a driving force in my life over the past 23 weeks. I can't imagine my life without it now. Yes, I am slow. Yes, I get a little impatient with myself...but holy cow! 23 weeks ago I could barely run 3 minutes without practically collapsing on the track. Thank the LORD for those strategically placed walking intervals in C25K...

My second goal is to keep running. Simply....keep running. I've come so far in the last 23 weeks, I can't even picture or plan where I'll be 23 weeks from now. Sure, I have a 1/2 marathon planned...I feel like I'm sort of flyin by the seat of my pants for THAT goal, but it sure will be fun trying! I am going to follow my training plan to the letter, and I am not going to get too hung up on pace and time. After all, new runners should take the whole first year building the base - so that includes me!

The other day I mentioned my vision of what I want to 'BE' at this time next year. Here is what I've come up with......


I want to be present and active in every moment in all facets of my life: parent, wife, employee, runner, friend

I want to be strong ~ This includes mentally, emotionally and physically. Strength of body and mind leads to the best life in all ways. I am sure of it.

I want to be happy.

I want to be proud.

I want to be grateful for all that I am blessed with in my life.

I want to be self-assured and confident, brave and determined.

I want to reach for things that may seem too high.

And celebrate when I succeed, yet forgive myself if I don't.


I have already made a good start to all of these *things*. I hope that a year from now I can look back at this list and feel good that I've accomplished what I set out to do!

Happy New Year to everyone ~ I am so happy to have *met* all of you and look forward to more fun and love in the coming year!


4 comments:

Nicole said...

I love your 'resolutions'. They are perfect. How neat is it that in a year, you can look back at what you wrote and compare yourself. Blogging is simply amazing right?!? :) Happy New Year Cyndi... :)

Carly said...

Another great post and you have good goal. I think it is important to live for each moment.

Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you! I love starting a new year...so exciting. I like your approach to goals as well. I have to get working on mine to post too!

BeachRunner said...

Bravo. Happy New Year.