Second....when speaking of the Biggest Loser last night, I meant VICKI, not 'Tina'. (Ha ha...there WAS no Tina). Alison got a kick out of my 'loserness' when I told her my little mistake. In any case, I am VERY happy that Michelle took the big prize because she was the only one who really transformed herself completely...inside and out. She is fabulous!
Third, turns out the concert last night was middle school/high school - NOT the cute little 4th graders, lol. See what I'm saying? My brain is in overload, and apparently I have more simplifying to do!
And finally, I have a positive weigh in report today, at long last! It appears that I have finally dropped two more pounds, weighing in at 145 this morning. 17 pounds down, yay! This is actually quite a surprise to me....where did this come from? Last week was 'eat more move less' in my journal haha. How did THIS happen? I must have shocked my metabolism with the increase in calories. Go figure...will we ever figure out the magic formula for weight loss?
I have discovered tea! I have never been a tea drinker. In fact, just a month ago I was crackin' on my boss about her 'non-fat chai latte' addiction. GROSS I said. I would have some once in awhile, like when I was sick with a cold, but in general, NOT a tea drinker. So, over Thanksgiving, after dinner every evening, everyone would start making themselves a cup of chai tea and then proceed to sit around the table swooning over it, cradling their cups and saying things like 'oo, this is soooo good, mmmm....'. They all looked so peaceful and relaxed and calm and I thought, well DANG, give me some of that 'ooo this is so good' ! ;-) I had my first cup of chai tea with french vanilla in it, and I was hooked! I have all kinds of teas in my cabinet - Mike drinks it a lot in the winter, so I've been sampling fruity teas, spicey teas, vanilla teas...over the weekend, I probably had 5 cups in one day! It keeps me warm, because my husband keeps the thermostat on 66 and I am freezing half the time. Tea has a calming effect...I feel like I've discovered another 'magic pill' - just like running!
Anyway...after two weeks of tea drinking, I wonder how THAT figures in to my two pound weight loss? Hmmmm....


7 comments:
CONGRATS on the big loss!! I am so happy for you and I bet your body is happy too. You gave it something that it needed FOOD!! Play with it some more this week and see what happens.
LOL on your brain being fried. You've had a tough few weeks so it's understandable.
Tea is awesome. I don't drink coffee so it is my caffeine of choice. I am actually drinking a Dean & Deluca peppermint tea right now...hopefully it will settle my stomch.
150 days until I see you!!!
I'm not a tea drinker, coke is my addiction. No matter how many calories and how many times i'm told its bad for you, i can not and WILL not stop drinking regular coke. McDonalds has the BEST fountain coke EVER. Ive tried switching to diet numerous times, and i just can't do it. I even tried giving it up and it wont work. HAHA.
I did try green tea one time. They have it in the bottles at the store and i bought one once. It was alright but the color is what got me. :)
Great job with all that weight loss your doing awesome! Keep up the good work. And i'm STILL considering running Cleveland but only for you and Shosh.
Congrats on 100+ posts AND the awesome weight loss.
Way to go!!! Keep up the great work. You are going to be one hot momma running Cleveland. ;)
2lbs! That goes to show you that you shouldn't get upset when you have a no-loss week. Eat more, workout less - I like that concept..
LOL!!!
100 posts - we talk way too much..
;)
Congrats! Love when the scale moves down ;-)
66 degrees would send me over the edge. I'd walk around the house in ski clothing! Seriously, I sometimes work with the thermostat on 80 in the summer and warmer days in the winter. I don't know how you people stand it!
mmmmm....tea...what a good idea!
Congrats on the 100th post and the weight loss!
Congrats on the loss, and your 100th post!! Great job!
I love the flavor of chai tea, but I usually stick with the herbal varieties. I like peppermint and sometimes chamomile. But lately I've discovered fabulous sugar-free apple cider.
And about BL, isn't it great that Vicky didn't win? I mean, how great it is that Michelle won! LOL.
Post a Comment