Tuesday, December 16, 2008

It's all about the luv...SELF love that is!

I feel so ‘far away’ from Blogland these days! I am so far behind on blog reading and have no idea what’s up with anyone ~ I’m having withdrawal!

I am having a MUCH better week. First, yesterday was ‘Comp Day’ at work. December 15th is the day every year that we get our letters stating our new annual salary for next year, and a second letter with our annual bonus, based on recently completed performance reviews. Suffice it to say, I was very well-rewarded for my hard work this year! (Like 3x’s more than expected!) Rewarded enough so that St. Joe’s for Alison is a bit more ‘do-able’…and that itself makes all the frustrations of the past year worth it! I even shared with Alison last night that this is a perfect example of how hard work and commitment is rewarded. We take the teaching moments when we can, ha ha!

I did a 30 minute easy run this morning and made a big effort to keep it EASY. Heart rate under 140 and basically running at a snail’s pace. But it felt good, I could tell I was not working too hard, which I think is my main issue right now - I have slowly slipped into ‘over-doing’ my runs lately. All three runs this week, and next, will be ‘easy’ slow runs, and hopefully I will be re-charged and ready to start my official training on the 29th!

I have two Christmas concerts this week, lots of shopping left to do, and then of course the wrapping. I cheated this year and bought 10 dozen Christmas cookies from a friend at work – his wife bakes, and they are GOOD COOKIES. I will not have time to bake this year, except for a few favorites for the kids, so I feel no guilt whatsoever basically paying someone else to bake for me! ;-) It’s all about the love, right?….SELF LOVE is happenin’ here ~ anything I can do to make things easier on myself to get through the next 2.5 weeks, I’m going to do it!

I will run, but run easily, I will provide home-baked cookies to my family, but I will not have to shop, mix, mess and clean up to do it! I am putting strength training on hold until after the holiday….other than doing a couple plank holds, and some push ups…keeping it SIMPLE, because it’s all about the love!

I’m kinda likin’ this self-love stuff….

Tonight – a little choir concert (4th graders – too cute!) and THEN, Biggest Loser finale! This is the BEST part of the season…seeing the shocking transformations. You can’t help but to be inspired, and I really have no idea who is going to win this thing, but I hope it’s not TINA! She does not deserve it, and she will be gaining all of her weight back, I’d put money on that!

Cheers all~

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cyndi: I like your plan! I think we have to remember to *enjoy* ourselves during this time of year rather than just worrying about all of the to dos, you know? I just got home from a little people concert, and it was precious beyond words. Glad you're doing well. - Chris

Carly said...

Congrats on the bonus! I like your attitude about simplifying this year. I am with you....anything to make it easier so you can enjoy yourself.

Nicole said...

Congrats on the bonus, its always nice to see an increase especially since the economy is crap right now. :) HAPPY week before Christmas!

BeachRunner said...

Congrats on the bonus. And good for you on recognizing that you needed to ease up on the training. That is so smart. Listening to your body, and taking that kind of smart/long term approach will serve you well as you train. Keep it up!

SuperDave said...

Woohoo for the bonus!!
You have time to bake cookies, when??? saving time and supporting someone else - good plan,not cheating.
My 4th grader had his Christmas play the other day. He was the flag bearer, so cute..
I didn't get to watch the whole show - BL , but did watch a bit while I was on the dreadmill..

RooBabs said...

Congrats to you for a great performance review and bonus!! Especially with time the way they are, it must feel good.

And I love the idea of buying homemade cookies to give away. Good for you for rockin' the self love!