My original goal weight was 130 pounds. The smallest I have ever been is 125. I had NO muscle back then and ate like a bird. Skinny, but not fit. However, I'm starting to think that 135 may be a more reasonable goal weight for me. I say this for a couple of reasons.
Anyone who has gotten to that 'last 10 pound' mark knows how DIFFICULT it is to lose that! It's like our body says no way dude, I'm not given THESE up....you're gonna have to fight me for these 10! I'm feeling like that is where I am now. If I say to someone, I still have about 15 pounds to lose, they freak out - especially my mother, who of course says ' I think you are at a perfect place and don't need to lose any more weight'. Or I get the, 'if you lose 15 more pounds, you will disappear!' speech from friends. Some people say I am 'tiny'...which is funny to me because my brain is still in 'over 40 and frumpy' on most days!
All of this to say, I am going to re-direct my goal weight to 135 for now. I am 5' 4.5" tall, and 144 pounds is the 'max' recommended weight for my height/age accoring to WW. But, because I have muscle now, and of course given my 'over 40' status, I think that 135 is more reasonable. It still doesn't change the fact that I am stuck in The Last Ten pounds, but it makes me mentally relax a little - 10 pounds doesn't seem as 'hard' to lose as 15. It took me 4 months to lose 15 pounds, and at the rate I'm going now, it will take much, much longer than that to lose another 17 pounds! I think I'm at the point that I realize I don't have 17 more pounds to lose.
More muscle and 10 less pounds of me will help me be a better runner. That's what I really want! I want to get the weight down so I can focus soley on fitness. So, here's to The Last Ten (12 as of today), time to 'git'er done'!


7 comments:
That sounds like a perfect weight! Your really doing an amazing job Cyndi! :)
I know what you mean. I have been 20lbs from where I want to be for a couple of years now. Right now I am closer to 30lbs. over. I want to get to 199lbs. I haven't seen sub 200 since 1980. My WW weight is 224lbs. My body stopped losing weight at that point.
Keep Fighting!
Whatever the charts and scales say is less important than the fact that you look and feel great! And the muscle/weight thing is legitimately true. Great job homegirl.
Cyndi,
I love it that you're always re-evaluating where you're at and where you want to go. You ARE looking great, and I can tell you're feeling great too. And that's what this is all about, yeah?
Don't let the lbs drive you crazy. I bet you have better looking arms than I do!
You are doing great!
I know what you mean about people saying "if you lose XX lbs you'll disappear!" I used to get that all the time when I was much thinner, but still felt fat because my lower half jiggled so much. I didn't realize that what I really needed to do was some hard core exercise (or maybe some running, hello?), not necessarily lose more weight.
Good for you for re-evaluating your goal, and it is totally realistic since you are living such a healthy lifestyle. I know you can do whatever you put your mind to.
Post a Comment