Thursday, December 11, 2008

I have a PLAN (of course)

Ok, after consulting various websites, message boards and magazines, I finally landed on a Half Marathon training plan through Runner's World SMART COACH. This was the plan that best matched my current level, and most closely mimics what I have been doing with the One Hour Running plan. I will finish the One Hour plan and start this training plan the week of December 29th. The first two weeks of this 16 week plan will be 'easy' weeks after coming off the One Hour Runs, which works out great because I've read that it's good to take a 'break' every 6-8 weeks or so.

This program will take me through 4/19th. That leaves me with 3 'cushion weeks' that I may need somewhere for illness, or 'life stuff' etc. If all goes well, I'll have the extra 3 - 4 weeks to maintain and taper. Based on this plan, I should be able to complete the Half Marathon in under 3 hours. I'm not all that concerned about the time really....this race is just about going the distance!

I finally got my replacement foot pod and took it for a test run this morning. Happy about that! I just had a simple 30 minute run early today - I have been a little viral this week (stomach, headache, 'blah' thing going around the house!), so it wasn't the most rockin run...but I got it done!

I'm a little behind on blog reading....but seems pretty 'quiet' out there since we're all a little busy these days I'm sure! I hope to catch up with everyone tomorrow or over the weekend!

Cheers ~


4 comments:

Aka Alice said...

It's good to have a plan that includes room for "life stuff," cuz that's gonna happen...

Happy training!

SuperDave said...

Your planning is always so good.
I like the idea about the 3 weeks bumper. In case life gets in the way. Life in the way of running? Nah do ya think? LOL!!
Very smart.
I bet your house is a well-oiled machine.
;)

BeachRunner said...

Sounds like a sweet plan. I might have to try that plan or at least a 10k version. Rock on homegirl!

Nicole said...

I love runners world for all of their helpful links and such. Their information is very informative and so into running! I can't wait to hear how things go with your new plan!