Sunday, December 28, 2008

I Am A One Hour Runner!

Yippee! My second goal has been met ~ I did a long run today of exactly one hour...Yep, 60 minutes! For me, that truly puts the LONG in LONG RUN! ;-)

I had planned to do an easy 30 minutes, but I just kept going. The first 20 minutes I did a few minutes of running and a 1 minute walk break, once I got to 20 minutes, I was starting to think about 'winding it down' for the last 10 minutes. But then I got to that 'sweet spot' (grin) and I just kept going. One more walk/water break at 45 minutes, and then I finished it up! Nice and slow - my heart rate was in a great place the whole hour, never exceeding 143. Easing in to the run slowly is what worked for me...I literally had about a 25 minute warm up ha ha. Now the distance I covered leaves a lot to be desired, lol. But it doesn't matter - today was about enduring for an hour...and I did!

This was an unexpected little happening today, and it was awesome!

8 comments:

Zoomy said...

Way to finish '08!

Nicole said...

Awesome way to end the year Cyndi. Your a rockstar runner! :)

Anonymous said...

GO YOU!!!

thats awesome.

Kelly said...

Yeah you!!!! I am jealous!! I am working my up towards that goal myself...

BeachRunner said...

Rock on, homie. Great job.

RooBabs said...

Wahoo! You are just busting through goals left and right.

It's amazing what a difference a good warm-up makes. It usually takes me 10-15 minutes before I really feel into it. And now that I've been doing longer runs, I actually get a little bit of a second wind after 6 miles (with a little help from sport jelly beans and Powerade, of course). = )

You are going to do great on your half-marathon. And there's no shame in walk breaks- it's sort of like eating sherbet between courses to cleanse your palet, getting you ready for the next "course". It gives you a fresh start to keep going!

SuperDave said...

That is a huge hurdle to overcome.
Awesome!

Anonymous said...

WOOT WOOT!!

xox