1. the quality of mind or spirit that enables a person to face difficulty, danger, pain, etc., without fear; bravery.
You all know that I'm generally a positive, optimistic sort of person. I will soon be registering for the Cleveland Marathon in May. My first 'real' race. Real in terms of distance anyway....I keep going back and forth on whether or not I register for the 10K, or the Half. I am being wishy-washy! I hate wishy-washy, and yet here I am...becoming my own pet peeve!
I have 5 and 1/2 months to prepare for 13.1. By May, I will have been running for 10 months. AND, I will probably have SHOSH with me....However, I can just barely eek out 3 miles right now. I just.don't.know. 10K would be the 'easy' thing to do. And that's not the way I roll either.
I want to be courageous and rise to the challenge, but something inside me is hesitating. I need to sort this out and determine what exactly am I afraid of, and is it a valid fear? I've given myself until the 31st to decide, so I can be sure and get the $20 discount on registration, lol.
Wishy-washy or not, gotta get that $20 discount, THAT is for sure!


7 comments:
GO FOR IT - you can run a half marathon, you are determined, you are a planner, you can reach your goals!!! I started running and kept signing up for longer and longer runs. I've finished 3 marathons this year and I will run my fourth in a couple of weeks (it might acutally turn into a 50k!). All of this after I started running almost 2 years ago. Take Jeff Galloway's advice and take your walk breaks - I can go forever with 5 min run and 1 min. walk. It feels weird at first but when you really need the walk breaks they sure are nice! GO FOR IT, YOU CAN DO IT, especially if you have someone to keep you moving like Shosh!
Keep us posted on which you decide on!
Again, YOU CAN DO IT! Look how far you've come, take your 45 min runner's high and click the half-mararthon button!!
ROCK ON, Cyndi!
What day is the cleavland marathon? Maybe you'll have another blogger friend joining you! :) Totally get the 20$ off and sign up soon! :)
I seemed to have turned a corner at the 9 month mark. Things got easier.. Does that help? Of course everyone is different. I think you should sign up for the half. No pressure, huh!? ;)
Jessica said it - you can always walk if you get tired. 5 1/2 months is more than enough time to get ready and you will.
Maybe you can find a 10K to run around late March/April. I ran my first 10K race 4 months after I starting running and it helped me to transition into longer distances.
Do what your heart says - you will be right either way.
I know you are tight with Shosh. She is okay? Isn't she? Tell her I said Hi! just checkin on her...
Hola. DO IT...even I cannot make it for the race I will be with you the entire way, you know that.
Remember what we talked about last night. I want you to do this, it will give your running a purpose and a goal.
By the way...YOU LOOK FANTASTIC!! 5 months flys when you're having so much fun xoxox
So exciting!! That is plenty of time for you to do the half! And especially with Shosh at your side, the time will fly and you won't even realize you've gone that far.
But of course do what feels right to you. I love that you're giving yourself the deadline of deciding based on the discount price! I am that way, too. = )
I think SuperDave has a great suggestion of finding a 10k to do in March or April.
Post a Comment