I just got back a little while ago from my run. It was awesome, windy and chilly. Note to self: I need something cool to cover my ears (I do not *do* hats), and cool gloves. I did my usual trek around my little suburbia, and surprised myself by doing a 5K in just over 34 minutes! Thursday I'm just going to do 2 miles easy and then I'll be ready for the 5K on Saturday. My original plan was to finish in at least 40 minutes for my first race...I think I've got that covered! ;-) My pace is improving and I feel faster and lighter on my feet. A long way to go, but I love the progress as time goes by. Some day I'll look back and say 'I can't believe I was so jazzed over 11 minute miles....' But hey, this is substantial improvement over 12 weeks ago, when it was something like 14 minute miles!
The weather naturally is not looking very promising for Saturday. This is October in Cleveland after all. Temps will be in the upper 40's and a huge front of rain is moving in. Oh well - a little rain is not going to stop me from doing this race!
I'll be back tomorrow to post my weigh in - I have refused to 'peek' this week in an effort to practice what I preach about 'the damn scale'. It was hard...and I definitely will be resuming daily weigh-ins ....
Cheers all!
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Great job Cyndi! Thats awesome. You will pass your go by a long shot! You'll be all hyped up on adrenaline and i bet you'll run a lot faster than you expect! I can't wait to hear about your race! GOOD LUCK!!
I'm such a baby about cold weather that I would wear my ski gear ;-) On a serious note, I think they sell a headband thing that covers the ears...if not in the running store then at a ski store. Gloves are a must so you're not miserable with the freezing cold hands. Can't wait to read your post-race report!
WOOT WOOT you rockstar!!!
You are soooo going to be able to see Grace at the 1 miler :-) You're ready for that 5K and I think that you have come back from your illness stronger and faster than before.
Lucky you having that self control and not peeking, I do not have that same control.
I am counting down the days until your 5K...I cannot wait!!
Wahoo on your 5k time!! YOu are going to rock your race. I would love to buy a headband, too, since I think it would be cuter than a hat covering my entire head and giving me static-hair. And make sure you have gloves. But it's actually easier to run when it's a little bit colder, so don't "sweat" it. = )
Glad that you're feeling better!!
Woo Hoo!! You are going to have a blast and do great in the 5k. I hear you on the chilly weather too, Cyndi. I just bought a new pair of running gloves and a head band (ear band?) at the Nike outlet last week.
Post a Comment