Friday, October 17, 2008

Ho Hum...Life's Boring without my Runs!

First, I have to give a shout out and thanks to RooBab, who posted a comment yesterday about my calorie formula which made me take a second (500th) look at my calculations. Bottom line is, my daily calories should be around 1,580, NOT 2,000. I used a weekly total for calories burned in workouts, instead of the total for a day, which would be 300 on run days. So thanks to RooBab, I will NOT be pigging out this week on 2,000 calories a day and lamenting a huge gain next Wednesday!


This has been a looooong week! I'm STILL trying to recover from this crud, in fact - I just made an executive decision to take a sick day today. Considering that my friends in cubeville are probably pretty tired of listening to me cough, I'm sure no one will mind my absence today. Maybe if I would have taken the time to rest earlier in the week, I'd be better by now. I am still just dumbfounded that I got so sick after taking such good care of myself. NO ONE else in my house is sick. They eat junk food (lol). I eat fruits, veges, whole grains, take a multi vitamin, OMega 3 capsules, EXERCISE....sleep 8 hours every night.....I'm just not very tolerant of being sick. Hey SuperDave, how long is this going to take to go away anyway? ;-) That's the great thing about blogging, 'friends in high places' ha ha. (side note, Dave's a pulmonary guy by trade...)

I have not run all week obviously, so that is getting to me. I feel 'blech'. So I'm really feeling the brunt of some other sort of stressful just 'life' stuff going on right now, which also probably explains why it's taking me so long to recover. I hope today's 'quiet' will be good for my psyche as well as my body. Basically, I've lost my sense of 'drive' and things are pretty boring without my runs to 'move' me. It just, well...to be frank - it just sucks!

I am normally a pretty upbeat person, so sorry about being a bit of a downer today - on FRIDAY no less. But, this is how I am TODAY I guess, and this too shall pass I know!

Hope everyone has a good weekend with great runs, awesome races (Go SHOSH!) and good weather for some fall fun!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

(((((CYNDI))))) It's OK to be blah sometimes. You can't always be "up" but by tomorrow you had better snap out of it. LOL :-)

I hope that your day off helps you to feel better and that next week you can get back to running. I am with you on the feeling blah when not working out.

I'll check in this weekend and I will email you the race tracker.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Cyndi! I just wanted to let you know that I found your blog through your comment on MizFit's...the one likening the scale to your bank account. I love that mindset and it's been very inspiring and enlightening to me.

So sorry you've been sick...it's so frustrating to have your exercise routine interrupted by illness. Hope you are feeling better FAST.

V.

SuperDave said...

Sry Cyndi, I am working like a "dog", so not a whole lot of time to blog. How many more days on steroids? Sadly, most people don't get feeling better until the last day or two of the steroids(8-10 days). Yuck!!!!!
A great inhaler that you may need to be on is Advair ( It has a bronchodialator and steroid built in. ) We call it the magic pill. Unfortunately, combating asthma is a lifetime deal. You will have flare-ups now and then(which can't be helped), but it's more about minimizing them when you do..

RooBabs said...

Glad the formula is now figured out. It's good that being a math geek can come in handy every now and then (I also get to help my sister in high school with her math homework every now and then- last year was Geometry, this year is College Algebra, wheeee!)

Good for you for taking a sick day!! I'm sure the peace and quiet will be good for you. And remember Nicole's comment a few days back about hard exercise suppressing the immune system? I'm thinking that's a possibility. Maybe your body was feeling a little taxed, and this is how it tells you to slow down (still crappy, though).

Feel better soon!!!

Anonymous said...

Cyndi: Hope you feel rested after today and the weekend. Sorry you've been so sick...not ideal for trying to stick with an eating/exercise plan, but you're doing awesome still!

Anonymous said...

Cyndi: Hope you feel rested after today and the weekend. Sorry you've been so sick...not ideal for trying to stick with an eating/exercise plan, but you're doing awesome still!