Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I Baked A Chocolate Cake This Morning...

.....for this handsome guy! Who happens to be 17 years old today!



Happy Birthday To Chris! (picture from September 2005)

I can't believe that I've been a 'mom' for seventeen years. The time goes by so fast! He was so excited this morning, he just loves his birthday. Tonight we will have a pizza party, and chocolate cake. I am looking forward to cake - I have not had cake in three months! I WILL be enjoying a small slice tonight, you can bet on that!

In other news....I think Grace may have a broken foot. (????) I don't know - if not, she hurt it pretty good the other day as it is still swollen on top of the foot and in the arch and it hurts her even when I touch it. UGH. I'm treating it like a bad sprain for now, but if it doesn't improve over the next 24 hours, we may be going for an xray.

I hope to get my easy 30 minute recovery run in this evening as well. If not, I will do a morning run tomorrow. It should feel pretty 'easy' after my hard run Saturday. It is cold, sleety/rainy, and windy here this week so looks like I'll be on the treadmill! I am also looking forward to getting some strength training in as well, as I've been 'slackin' in that department.

I am SO over my 'time' issue for my first race. In the whole scheme of things, it's not important. I'm running again on Thanksgiving, in Virginia with some in laws - and I've already decided that that will be a 'fun' race for me, and I'm not going to run as hard as I did this time. We have a lot of fun things planned for that weekend between the holiday with family, and sightseeing in DC etc. so I don't want to be 'recovering' for two days.

Thanks everyone for your positive comments on Alison's school situation....I feel so proud of her, and I feel it's important to find any way we can to make this work for her. Her excitement has not waned yet, and I can tell she really wants to do this.

I am woefully behind in blog reading, so I hope to be catching up with everyone around lunch time!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Chris!! What time should I be over for pizza and CAKE???

Enjoy your cake...you've earned it.

I like your attitude about the clock time issue and the Turkey Day run. These races should always be fun, when they're not there is something wrong.

Keep smiling BBF...you're doing a great job!!

Nicole said...

Happy birthday Chris! Eat a bite of cake for me.. its been quite sometime since i have enjoyed a good ole piece of bday cake!
:)

BeachRunner said...

Happy birthday to Chris. Enjoy your easy run and cake.

RooBabs said...

Happy Birthday, Chris!!

I can't believe you haven't had cake for 3 months! Wow, you are disciplined. Enjoy every bite of it.

And that's too bad about Grace's ankle. Hopefully it's just a bad sprain and she doesn't have to wear a cast or anything crazy like that (especially as the weather gets colder and nastier- what a hassle for her). But even still, it might be good to see a doctor, because they can give her a support boot or something to help it heal.

Kristy said...

Happy Birthday, Chris!..or Hauoli La Hanau in Hawaiian

Any cake left? I think I'm due for one, too.

Enjoy the evening, Cyndi and family!

Aka Alice said...

HI Cyndi! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. I just read through much of yours...your story is much like mine was about 4 years ago when I started running!

Happy b-day to your son. I agree, he is a handsome one...what a great smile!

SuperDave said...

Feel good that you are in great shape for having a 17 year old!!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY 17th BIRTHDAY, CHRIS! From, Your Friends in South Florida

Cyndi, I hope Grace's ankle heals quickly whatever it is. Hang in there!

...to Lose 55 Pounds said...

You look GREAT in this pic!