It appears the scale is on the move again, as I am down two pounds this week! This is sort of a 'milestone weigh-in' of sorts. First, I am below 150. That's pretty sweet. Second, although I'm not a big fan of the whole 'BMI' thing, it appears I am now 'normal' (barely, ha ha). Also, my waist to hip ratio is officially out of the 'danger zone' of weight related health issues (again, barely, but OUT).
The fact is, as of today's weigh in I'm pretty much teetering between two worlds, old me and new me. One wrong move...and I could very easily slip back to the old me. By continuing my efforts and staying strong and committed...I can leave the 'old me' in the dust - For.Good.
I choose the latter....who is with me????? You ALL are, I know it. Let's all promise to keep up the fight, continue to make ourselves 'better' - whatever our 'better' is: weight loss, fitness, run faster, run longer, teach better, parent better, love better. We can always be 'better' if we make the time to focus on ourselves - we can all be Rock Stars! (I know a lot of you are MizFit readers...but if you have not been to her blog, today would be a good day to stop by and visit!)
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


12 comments:
WAY TO GO!! Congrats on your well deserved and hard earned success. You should be proud. You are clearly on the way to great things. I also second the shout out to MizFit too. She rocks.
What a great, super-motivating post!! Congrats to you on the loss. I love the thought of leaving "old me" in the dust. I've been teetering for a long time, too (I think negative thinking has been my biggest barrier), so I am totally with you!
I love your new running picture and quote, and I totally agree with that- if I could run and not get tired, I would totally keep on running, and running, a la Energizer Bunny.
I also love the slideshow of the pumpkins. Your husband is amazing! I bought the Hubs a Minnesota Vikings carving kit for his birthday so next Monday we're trying out 2 of them. I'll update and put pictures up afterward.
Oh, and I really like the Keith Urban song you added- I plugged in my headphones and was listening to it. I may have to start listening to country music every now and then. = )
And, I haven't read the Jillian post yet, but I've been excited about it all week, so I'm headed over there.
JUMPING UP AND DOWN about your weight loss! That is FANTASTIC!! I hope you're still doing the happy dance.
Love the pumpkins your husband did. They are awesome!
Love Miz. She rocks!!
Those pumpkins are friggen awesome! Great job with the weight loss!!
Yeah, Cyndi! I'm happy for you on the weight loss. In the 140s Yee hah! I'll gladly run down that dusty path with you. Let's be the healthiest us we can be.
Awesome pumpkins
***Newsflash***
After many years of therapy, our Cyndi is officially 'normal'.
What a great story and inspiration you are even if you are just, ho-hum "normal." hehe
Cyndi: Congrats on the scale slipping down, but more importantly, THANK YOU for being such a motivator. I'm on your team...out with the old, in with the new!
Brilliant milestones, You are on fire! I love reading your posts, They fill me with energy to get on and do the things I know I need to do!
Love the pumpkins too, your hubby is very talented!
hey!
came by to check on you and you linkloved me.
THANK YOU.
and kudos on the loss.
and Im still jealous of the skull below.
we need one up in herre.
Hey there. I emailed you. :-)
Cyndi, thanks for your comment on my blog. I responded to it in a comment below yours. I know you're right, and I explain how I'm stubborn and continue on with my excuses. You'd think after making it this far that the idea of going twice as far would be exciting. :P
Anyway, congrats on the 140s! I'll be there soon, I hope. I'm working on the 150s, and it should happen this month. Oh, and I'm an apple all the way! I'm just working on being some kind of other shape that's not so round in the middle. lol Running's helping that, for sure!
Your husband's pumpkins designs are terrific, btw!
You need to have a Welcome Home Healthy party for the new you! Go for a run with your friends. Do something special (but not sabotaging) like a pedi or just getting your toes painted, a massage,a yoga class you always wanted to do maybe to keep you motivated for reaching this milestone. Something you will remember and keep you moving in the right direction. You rock!
Post a Comment