I'm so happy...I got to run this morning! I won't get all wrapped up in numbers and distance and all that, because this was really just about MOVING again. My mind needed this more than anything else, really. I took it very slow, kept and eye on the heart rate. It ended up being a very nice 30 minutes and I felt like I was back, and felt energized physically AND mentally when I was done. The 'crud' is on the way out, so another day or two and I'll be 100%.
This is all another sure sign of my addiction to running - I was starting to feel like a junkie, desperate for a fix, after 5 days of nothing. Within minutes of starting, I was feeling calm, more centered, less 'scattered'...it's an amazing drug this running thing!
I've made no secret that I'm a big country music lover. I say it that way only because, a lot of people feel that liking country music is something they should keep under wraps....they'll like whisper to me, "you know, sometimes I find myself turning on the country station too for awhile but don't tell my husband...." Huh? What's with all the shame and embarrassment?
So I've decided to subject you all to the opening song on my running playlist. This is my Show & Tell that I didn't get to do yesterday. Really listen to the words (and enjoy the 'view' girls! *read: swoon)
This is all another sure sign of my addiction to running - I was starting to feel like a junkie, desperate for a fix, after 5 days of nothing. Within minutes of starting, I was feeling calm, more centered, less 'scattered'...it's an amazing drug this running thing!
I've made no secret that I'm a big country music lover. I say it that way only because, a lot of people feel that liking country music is something they should keep under wraps....they'll like whisper to me, "you know, sometimes I find myself turning on the country station too for awhile but don't tell my husband...." Huh? What's with all the shame and embarrassment?
So I've decided to subject you all to the opening song on my running playlist. This is my Show & Tell that I didn't get to do yesterday. Really listen to the words (and enjoy the 'view' girls! *read: swoon)
This is my 5 minute warmup tune, by the end of the song, I feel like I can take on the world. If you're in a spot that you can't listen now - come back later!
What's the most inspiring song on YOUR playlist?


2 comments:
Great job on the run today. I have been running with no music lately and enjoying the sounds around me.
I'm openly a country music fan, haha, Kellie Pickler's "Life's Too Short" inspires me! I have a bit of everything on my iPod.
Post a Comment