I hit the pavement this morning before the sun came up, and it was truly a Most Excellent Run! (Any 'Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure fans out there?) It was a brisk 41 degrees and it felt great! Today, I just ran. That's all, just ran. No walk breaks, no breathing issues, a nice steady pace - it was the sort of run where you feel like you could just go all day. I ran 2.75 miles in 33 minutes, which paced me out at an even 12:00 mile. My heart rate hovered around 150 - which the Heart Rate Charts say is 'harder' than I need to work, but quite honestly, it does not feel that hard to me? Trying to keep my heart rate around 143 is getting hard - if I slow down much more, I'll be walking!
I love running in the dark. I loved hearing my feet hit the pavement. I love being a part of the dawn turning to morning. I heard owls this morning, I smelled a skunk, I smelled a fireplaceburning, or maybe the remnants of a backyard campfire from last evening. I saw rabbits. Yes, this was a most excellent run.
Yep, I've got it bad...I am completely, totally hooked! While I was running, I tried to formulate the best way to describe what I felt like at that moment.
Here is what I came up with.....



7 comments:
Good morning Cyndi.
I LOVE THIS POST!!! I am so happy for you and way to go just running. You should be so proud and I am happy to be part of the same club you are. :-)
It's amazing what you see and hear when it is just you and nature...take it all in.
The new layout looks great too. Have a nice Sunday.
Yes a very good run. The difference between a good and a bad run is not pace, but "how do I feel?"
Like you in order to keep my HR in a good aerobic zone, I have to slow to a snail pace sometimes, and I hate it! So sometimes I chuck out the #'s and just run.
Oh, how cool is that??!!! What a magical experience. I wish you many more, Cyndi!
That sounds like an amazing run. I LOVE running in the dark too. I'm so obsessed with it right now. I need to get outside and run before it gets too cold out.. sadly winter is approaching. :(
PS. i like your new blog look!
Nice job. You are so smart to find and stick with that "comfortable pace". Now stay the course and add distance only very gradually (no more than +10% every few weeks), for some serious base building and fitness improvements. This will dramatically reduce your risk of injury and burnout. Well done!!
I'm so jealous! Your run definitely sounds "Most Excellent" (love Bill and Ted!). I was laughing about how "you've got it bad" because you totally do, ha ha. I almost feel sorry for non-runners who haven't experienced this feeling. Isn't it great?
Post a Comment